Sometimes, University Towns...

Saris

Long, long story short - last night, huge party next door . . . cusses and yelling at the top of the lungs, beer bottles on my lawn and someone trampled our front flowerbed.

45 minute walk home tonight, passed about . . . 90-100 drunks, some walking, some at house parties. Saw one group breaking into a domino's advert sign, saw one guy walking to a neighbour's house and peeing on the front door and must have been yelled and sworn at myself, just quietly walking by, about a dozen times. The crazed rambles included the 'n' word, sexual orientation, everything.

Don't know what I want to accomplish by posting this and what you take away from it, but I felt like it.

I also have to live on the same floor as college party goers. I understand how unfun it is but think on the bright side. Their destructive behavior will either A: be a phase that they grow out of and they will become productive members of society, or B: will kill them at an early age and be a somber reminder that partying to the max is a bad thing.

oh the good ol days partying on Halloween southern illinois university style (do a search). it was shut down after many years because it became very violent and uncool just drunks and vandels people even stopped dressing up in cool costumes!

Will college towns ever change? I don't think so!

my first year everyone on the dorm floor I lived in failed their classes everyone.... I never missed a class but did party too hard hence my rocket science career is in the toilet

Tasers, eh . . .? Then they could pee in their pants rather than on other people's property. I saw one of my friends get tasered after he had a crazy night at Hess in Hamtown [a street with a dozen to two dozen bars back to back.] It was really funny. I wish I had one.

I am going to have to agree with Juan except that this is why airsoft guns were invented. I used to just remind my neighbours that not only do I get up at 6am but that I also had very large speakers. That's all you need to make clear to gain a little mutual respect. :)

oh the good ol days partying on Halloween southern illinois university style (do a search). it was shut down after many years because it became very violent and uncool just drunks and vandels people even stopped dressing up in cool costumes!

I went to SIU, good times.