Mouse Opinions

boiler

(edited)

I just ordered the 518 after deciding that I was thinking about it too much.

I'll look to get a nice mouse pad somewhere down the road when I build another desktop and my mouse will be staying in one place more often.

Thanks for all the input guys, learned more about gaming mice than I ever thought I needed too! :luxhello:

of course, this means that when it arrives at my office next week, I'll need to test it out with some CSS during lunch time :D

Anyone else frag during lunch?

Edited by boilersax

i actually like the new g5 better than the old one cause it goes better with my g15 keyboard.

enjoy the 518. i've heard nothing but good things and i would have one except the g5 came out right as i last upgraded mice and it was new and cool so i had to have it.

Even though you have that 50 dollar limit... I'd suggest the Logitech G5 or the Razor. They both are pretty much the same. They use the same laser. Its a 2000dpi mouse. I upgraded from the mx518 and I loved this G5 that I have. I paid about 60 bucks for it. I can notice the difference in DPI.. don't know if others can.

Even though you have that 50 dollar limit... I'd suggest the Logitech G5 or the Razor. They both are pretty much the same. They use the same laser. Its a 2000dpi mouse. I upgraded from the mx518 and I loved this G5 that I have. I paid about 60 bucks for it. I can notice the difference in DPI.. don't know if others can.

You can notice a difference, but I personally feel its not necessary. DPI wars are stupid unless youre a graphics artist or twitch gamer. But if you notice it in CSS you're probably playing with your sens too high.