UT3 DEMO LAUNCHED

Flitterkill

Played bots for another couple hours...

Haven't been "online" with it yet.

I'm feeling this at about a 75% level...a bit of a letdown compared to the "all-that-glory" i was expecting.

Interesting game...I do like the vehicle weapons a bit more...tank seems nerfed a bit, but manta fire is easier to aim (maybe cuz manta is easier to steer).

I can't do a lot of things I want to do...

for instance...

Needs to be more avrils at weapons lockers, not up in towers.

How to 'latch on' to manta or raptor on hover?

It is very hard to figure out who is killing you sometimes...not much warning...as background textures are so busy, you don't know where fire is coming from...and surround sound drivers/hardware/software...don't really do well (yet) with this game.

I have to say, this is the first time I've ever played a demo version of a game (besides bioshock, but that was after the full game was released). I know there are some rough spots, but given how long this took to come out, it is funny to hear some vets of UT saying the same things over and over...

(e.g. rockets underpowered, headshots too easy, blur effects have to go, double jump feels heavy, it's a like like quake 3 arena...) doh...lol.

Anyways...I waited to upgrade and I'm glad...I can play at medium levels with FPS in the low 30s (AVG). I will upgrade after full version comes out.

*edit...

That being said...

I played TAM after UT3 and kicked butt and had a load of fun...then went back to the blurry-donkey world of Shangrila and quit in 10 min.

Edited by Tek-Almighty

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it's even a BETA demo, so all in all I think it's a good job. Needs work, but still very fun and pretty to see.

Rockets underpowered!? lol

BTW, you right click when on hover board to latch onto a manta/raptor/bender/scorpion/etc but someone has to be driving it.

I got things working late last evening. I was pleased to see that while a bit jerky the game was still playable on my old 3.2 GHz P4 system with a GeForce 6800 GT card. I'm sure it would have smoothed out if I tweeked the graphics settings a bit but I was mostly just looking around on a death match map. After about 3 minutes of play my system totally died just like the plug was pulled. The power supply must have shut down as it took a full power cycle to get the PC back up. I was half afraid something had really fried. I guess I'm pushing my hardware a bit!