UT3 DEMO LAUNCHED

Flitterkill

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Home from work...what'd I miss...(j/k...read all posts).

I am not/never have been a torrent geek...so..basically I don't have a torrent downloader/manager etc...

Can somebody scoop me on this.

What ever happened to the FilePlanet downloads...they unlocked yet or what?

I tried reading the UT3 forums at Epic, but they are fragged by countless noobs and fanboys so that they are unreadable...try searching 300 pages of crap to find any useful info...

lame.

thanks for help.

GC Board Member
I did check inbox and followed directions...

But, I have no idea what to do with par2 files. I thought I had an unzip program to do it all, but seems no.

Any ideas???

I will post specs and performance if I can get demo up tonight.

glhf!

Unzip to the rars and pars.

Totally ignore the pars

Unrar with WinRar or 7zip gives you the single .exe for install

Unzip to the rars and pars.

Totally ignore the pars

Unrar with WinRar or 7zip gives you the single .exe for install

Unzip TO the rars and pars...?

You mean to a folder...

Ignore the pars?

I have 7zip...so unrar all rars with 7zip and ignore rest...hmmm...

well if all else fails, after waiting for 12 hours, I am getting the dload from fileplanet as well.

Did anyone else do this?...or is it all just torrents?

I heard the fileplanet version still is locked? ftw.

Waaaaaah, I get the splash screen then a black screen then nothing...Got new nVidia driver but didn't help. Any ideas? Just so happens the first game to refuse to work on my computer is UT3. :bang:

Upgrade.

Upgrade my dual-core and 8800 for what? :huh:

Noticed in the readme file that owners of the 7900GT need to uninstall AVG if on their system. Well I had one before I upgraded so maybe there is some residual file crud. Unistalled AVG, rebooted, game works!

I'm getting prolly getting 45fps in DM and VCTF, for some reason there is no difference in fps between the two be it indoors or 200ft above the bridge looking down in a raptor. Game runs well for 1bg system ram and 320mb video. Both my cores seem to run between 95-100%.

I did not uninstall AVG, but I may consider disabling it...

I rebooted too and voila!...it works.

Only played 10 min then dinner. I will be back at it soon.

We need to start sharing tips, tricks, performance, etc...

I was avg high 20's for my FPS on the first DM map...

That is with visuals set at 3 and 3.

So far (waits flaming) I am a bit underwhelmed...? But I will give it more time. I mean the visuals are cool/dark/detailed etc...but everything seems to have a cartoonish glow that makes the great details sorta...well...fade.

hmmmpf.

I am also underwhelmed at lack of control of audio and visual settings.

No online play yet eh?

Higher fps - switch to either small or hidden weapons. I want to learn the guns first, and like to see how they look right now, so i'm set to hidden. I'm getting 30-50 fps with vis set to 4 and 1920x1200 w/ a 7900gtx. Like Flitter said, probably didnt come with the highest details available.

It's definitely a new game with a very new feel. I didnt really like it at first (much harder to aim atm) but you just have to give it some time.

There are no options...for AA and AF etc...

How do you switch to small or hidden weapons?

An example of what I was talkin about earlier...

DM map Shangrila, totally washed and blurry looking for me. Like somebody set HDR to bloom for entire map...or like I have vertigo or something.

Gameplay is def. different. Player feels heavier and I'm not sure that our usual "turn 45 degrees, double dodge jump" thing works to increase speed.

Hmmmpf...

Well, this will be fun for about 2 days unless dedicated server patch comes out.

Anybody know how to set player name etc...I can set clan tag, but not playername.

Downloaded after an hour

Unzipped it

Now what? No installer listed. Any ideas guys?

Unzip with winrar, it'll give you the exe installer file. If you need mroe help there's always guys on vent...

tek, i know what you mean. Apparently there's posts on the epic forums taht deal with that stuff.