Moto Q

Magruter

Pro: Best call quality and reception you can find in a Smart Phone (from my experience). It blows away the Treo, xv6700, and Blackberry here.

Con: Lack of 3rd party software support -- It should be noted, however, that the Q is garnering quite the following and there are a LOT more programs out there for it now than there were last year

Pro: Slim, light, and durable

Con: Wide

Pro: Beautiful Screen, easy to use buttons (easier than the Treo--definitely)

This could either be a pro or con--No Touch Screen:

Con?: Harder to use general applications without simply being able to tap the screen, though I find them very easy to navigate without the touch screen

Pro?: Not nearly as easy to make accidental phone calls. I have an xv6700, and if someone txt messages me or calls me, it activates the screen in my pocket, making it very easy to do things I might not want to do with it.

Overall, I wish I'd have got the Q instead. Why? Well, a cell phone should be a cell phone first and foremost, and most PocketPC or Smart Phones are a phone second. The Q, however, has excellent call quality and reception, and that's why I'd prefer it. Honestly, I find myself avoiding using my touchscreen whenever possible because it's a hassle to use the thing with both hands. The Q is much better for one handed operation.

(edited)

Pros:

Slim design

Great Voice Quality

Stereo Bluetooth

1.3 MP camera

Cons:

Keyboard is not backlit

and I feel no touchscreen is a Con

--It's a con b/c I have a palm treo 650 and I love the touch screen.

2.5mm headphone jack (can't use a good pair of headphones) - most PDAs and Phones have this.

4-5 hours talk time w/ 8 days standby

^ thats not bad, but my palm gets around 7 hours talk time w/ 12 days standby.

Is it still Windows Mobile 5 or is it 6?

Are you in a price range that we can compare this to other PDAs/Phones

I know Palm OS hasn't changed much, but does offer many 3rd party apps.

Check out the Palm 700wx

Edited by ZesteR

Treos are real nice...but they don't have the call quality of the Q

I doubt the blackjack does either--nobody does reception like Moto

That being said, Treo's are sweet--definitely. I'd definitely take a Treo over this POS xv6700 if I had to do it over again. That being said, the Q looks more and more attractive every time I check it out

Good Info Site for the Q

Also, you can find quite the list of applications for it, you just have to do a little digging...I found an NES and SNES emulator that work, and that's all you really need anyway :-)

I have the treo 650 also...but to me it feels like a brick. It is nice to have a touch screen, but no phone should be this big. I get so tired of carrying this treo around. Go with a phone that you want. And make sure if you sign a contract that it is a phone you don't mind carrying on your hip or pocket for 2 years. If it is a big phone...to me it is just annoying.

Get a phone to be a phone first, then everything else second. I personally am thinking of going with the Blackberry 8300. Haven't made the move yet because I have so much invested into my treo (information, programs and such). I do like the treo, I just hate the size.