PS2 help

lazarus

So im looking to get a ps2 solely for guitar hero and singstar. The problem is with singstar, alot of the title are only available in Europe/UK and are in PAL format, while here in the states it is in NTSC. Is there a simple way to convert my ps2 so it will play both formats?

I've done a little research and I havent turned up much.

May not be a solution, interesting piont though............................ having moved here from the UK with DVD players, 2 televisions and a PS2 in tow, I discovered that both my PAL televisions would play anything from the US: DVDs, regular television signal and games systems, but trying to play anything with a PAL output signal failed dismally on US televisions.

You could always install a MOD chip. It will void your warranty though. But in the long run you can play both kinds of DVDs/games.

I almost forgot about the HD loader, if you have a HDD in your PS2, you can load that on it without a chip thus eliminating the void warranty issue. Just make sure it works with discs from other territories. After checking, the new version is called HD Advance and can be dled free online.

Edited by aMnesiac

You could always install a MOD chip. It will void your warranty though. But in the long run you can play both kinds of DVDs/games.

I almost forgot about the HD loader, if you have a HDD in your PS2, you can load that on it without a chip thus eliminating the void warranty issue. Just make sure it works with discs from other territories. After checking, the new version is called HD Advance and can be dled free online.

sweet, I don't keep up much on that stuff anyway. My wife wouldn't let me mod our Wii so i stopped reading up on them. LOL.

sweet, I don't keep up much on that stuff anyway. My wife wouldn't let me mod our Wii so i stopped reading up on them. LOL.

I know a good lawyer for that... :biglaugha:

My Advice: Buy an XBOX 360, wait for Rock Band (to get the singing part)...

Why? Well, PS2's have a nasty habbit of breaking....but they are a heck of a lot cheaper than the 360

Edit Rock Band will be freaking sweet--and you don't have to buy two games...lol

Edited by [LaW]Maverick

My Advice: Buy an XBOX 360, wait for Rock Band (to get the singing part)...

Why? Well, PS2's have a nasty habbit of breaking....but they are a heck of a lot cheaper than the 360

Edit Rock Band will be freaking sweet--and you don't have to buy two games...lol

and you last played your 360..... when? ;)

PLAY HALO WITH MO AND I!!!

2 nights ago....all I have to beat now in GH2 is that bloody song I hate at the end (Free Bird)

aaaannnd.....I'm up for Halo sometime...what you guys doin' on Monday night?

watchin my colts play the jaguars, thats what :D

thanks for all the advice guys, i went ahead and bought a ps2 slim black off of craigslist ($40). my wife is just going to switch karaoke games to karaoke revolution. and yeah i would love a 360 cause they're gonna have downloadable karaoke songs for like 50 cents each. and if i could find a 360 for less than $50 id snatch one up.