Unreal Tournament 3 CPU & High End GPU Analysis: Next-Gen Gaming Explored

HWarrior

Woot! My card's on the scale! And it's the lowest-performing one! :D :D :D 7900gtx ftw!

I've been getting some artifacting lately, including lines appearing, and textures sorta "stretching" like there's a wall that I can just walk through. Gets annoying. I will assume it's just the heat, since it happens in every game, but maybe I can use it as an excuse to buy a new gfx card. I think I'll wait for the new ones to come out though.

(edited)

Yep, I read the article. It had some good info. Looks like I'll need to upgrade in the not-too-distant future, although

the demo with my 7800GT is behaving well (so far anyway).

I will assume it's just the heat, since it happens in every game

How about just placing it outside while you game? Shouldn't that keep it cold enough?

:biglaugha: :biglaugha: :biglaugha: :biglaugha:

Edited by Dingy

Havent enabled it, and with textures to 3 and 1920x1200 I think i was pulling around 30-40 fps. Depends on the map, what's going on, etc. Dont really want to drop below 30, but I tried with everything maxed (aa and af enabled I was told by default when at this setting?) and was getting 20-25 fps. Not a big fan. TAM ftw till I get a new card! :D

Woot! My card's on the scale! And it's the lowest-performing one! :D :D :D 7900gtx ftw!

I've been getting some artifacting lately, including lines appearing, and textures sorta "stretching" like there's a wall that I can just walk through. Gets annoying. I will assume it's just the heat, since it happens in every game, but maybe I can use it as an excuse to buy a new gfx card. I think I'll wait for the new ones to come out though.

Clean that card bro.

I have a 7900GT running at GTX specs and it is hot as hell. I keep it dusted every 2 months.

(edited)

4200 dual with 8800gts and I get average of about 60. during heavy fighting I get 40 to 60. I have gotten 72 but I was standing still. :biglaugha:

For those of you that are thinking SLI--don't bother. Early to mid next year the are coming out with PCI-E 2.0 Which will kick SLI to the curb. Oh ya and the new G cards are basically an amped up DX-10 All you need to do is OC the GPU to get the same advantage.

Edited by Primus

1 - tek: I cleaned it 2 weeks ago. It didnt help at all :( I could try again I guess...

2 - Primus, I've read about the pci-e 2.0... but the g98 only has speculations released about it. It's supposed to make the 8800's look like a toy for a 3 year old. They dont have the technology yet to even run crysis at top settings maxed out.

I ran the demo again at 1600x1200 but at quality 5/5 this time. Flyby stayed at a solid 60fps. With 9 bots in action fluctuated between 40-60 but I would say the average was the lower 40s.

I changed back to 3/3 quality and I av. in the uppper 50s with bots. Thing is at 1600x1200 I can't tell the quality difference between 3/3 and 5/5. Can anyone point out the differences to me?

I thought it was texture resolutions? Like, the bricks would look more like they had shadows, and the pavement cracks would look clearer, etc.

Texture slider doesn't change much right now because hi rez textures aren't in the demo so you basically only get 2 settings. 4 or more is high quality and then

3 and less is low quality.

World detail slider does a lot more and has more effects on performance.

5) all details on

4) removes buildings shadows

3) also removes character/vehicle shadows

2) also removes bump/normal maps on walls and ground

1) also removes bloom lighting

For all the world detail changes to take effect you have to restart game.

Y is ruff laughing at me, its like shooting at pixelated smurfs at this res

LOL! Where are you guys? Can't find you. What do you guys play? DM/TEAM DM/VCTF/DUEL? What?

System is all up and running... averaging 62 fps while in action. :spin2: Quad Power on a 8600 GTS SuperClocked.

Was playing DM with (6lo)Zen all night... It's really hard to find people on these servers. Any pointers.

The GC UT3 server is down for now. Reverted back to 2k4 for the time until REAL demo gets put out. There are some good servers out there, I know OMNI has one and it seems pretty good and I found one the other night that has voice enabled. BFF server for VCTF actually has voice on the server. Works pretty good to. I usually get on that one or Omnipotents server.

Maybe I'll see if your on tonight. :peace: