got caught being a moron..

ShadowDog

no no no, the R.D. did do it illegally because he told me to open the fridge (Which he is only allowed to ask) and it wasn't my room...

Sorry you got busted, if he was truly just being a jerk as you indicate he sounds like a real winner who will make lots of friends :huh: But, let's reconsider this: Illegal is a pretty strong and relatively meaningless word. Perhaps against University rules, but the R.D. is not a police officer and they don't have to worry about throwing out evidence they gained through questionable or even outright illicit ways because the University is not a court of law. In fact, while in the dorms you are on their property, and they can do all sorts of things which they tell you they won't do. While he sounds like a real turd sandwich, you don't get afforded the protections a citizen gets from the government, even if it's a local or state school.

Not trying to reprimand you, but warn you for the future. Lots of college-aged people think they can get by on technicalities or say, "You can't do that," but the bottom line is most of the time they can, and when they can't you usually don't have much in the way of legal recourse. Watch your bottom, because it can be real easy to get in big trouble these days, and there are enough jerks in R.D. and administration positions to make it a real pain.

SO i got caught drinking in the dorms at Ohio University... probably will be put on probation, but that is not a big deal at all. It sounds much worse than it is, but our probation is just don't get caught again for a few months and you are fine. if you do get caught it is a quarter suspension.

Just venting out my frustration because we got caught technically illegally. our R.D. (Resident Director) made us open the fridge, which he isn't allowed to do. Anyways, it doesn't matter.. just venting.

hey man.. it happens to the best of us.

Things like that are supposed to happen in college... they make the best of us.. and teach some lessons.

if i only told you all about what my bro has been doing... but i guess hes just being normal..

LoL...I know I will get pounded within an inch of my life for this but I can't resist...

is that a video of a bunch of Fatty lookalikes M2?

<runs...faster that ever before, away from ohio>

I was about to post that M2 needed slapped for that...until I read this....

New target aquired.

heh ... when I was in college, we had 1 fridge in the main area and a fridge in each of our closets with the cord coming out very carefully to be obscured by the carpet. Anyway, we could open our "fridge" whenever the RA asked, since it only had like ketchup, mustard, etc. in it.

RA was sure we had alcohol but couldn't find it. :D

Ah classic.

I would my recount my days up on Mount Royal in the McGill dorms but most of what took place there is either far too graphic or illegal to talk about. I can tell you about the time we set up a slip and slide on the 5th floor and caused over $7,000 in damages (to the building alone, not including people's stuff) or the 24 hour 40oz party which ended up with the hallway on my floor being full of broken glass. Those are probably the tamest moments, oh and paint ball sniper day as everyone went for "christmas" dinner...man...how did I only get arrested 3 times that year?