ITT you suggest wireless routers

tookey

They need to handle a lot of stress, 4 wireless connections and one wired connection at the same time, the one we have craps out if more than one person tries to do anything :/.

Also they have to be strong, like basement to second floor of house strong.

Ideas?

I couldn't STAND anything D-Link for the longest time...then I bought this router.

It's the best one I've ever owned. I used to be all Linksys, but then I had a wireless one and had to reset it constantly with all of the connections at my house. It worked as long as computers didn't go on and off the network a lot, but with us having so many laptops come and go, I had to keep resetting it.

That D-Link is amazing. I haven't reset the thing one time since I've had it ('bout 7 months), and it gets a fantastic and powerful signal. That being said, Buffalo makes a ridiculous looking router that is supposed to get killer connectivity. I had a Buffalo wireless card for my Wife's old laptop, and it was by far the best we tried (we had a D-Link, Netgear, and Linksys in there...they all sucked)

Hope that's somewhat helpful :-)

Linksys does make some signal repeaters (like SJ pointed out) that supposedly work pretty well, but I haven't tried one

I couldn't STAND anything D-Link for the longest time...then I bought this router.

It's the best one I've ever owned. I used to be all Linksys, but then I had a wireless one and had to reset it constantly with all of the connections at my house. It worked as long as computers didn't go on and off the network a lot, but with us having so many laptops come and go, I had to keep resetting it.

That D-Link is amazing. I haven't reset the thing one time since I've had it ('bout 7 months), and it gets a fantastic and powerful signal. That being said, Buffalo makes a ridiculous looking router that is supposed to get killer connectivity. I had a Buffalo wireless card for my Wife's old laptop, and it was by far the best we tried (we had a D-Link, Netgear, and Linksys in there...they all sucked)

Hope that's somewhat helpful :-)

Linksys does make some signal repeaters (like SJ pointed out) that supposedly work pretty well, but I haven't tried one

mine died the other day after nearly 3 years of constant use with no less than 3 pcs at any one time and peaked around 15 pcs. never had any issues. my dsl had been connected for 19 days and some-odd hours prior to it dying. i'm currently waiting for the dgl 4500 and am using the cheaper router built into my dsl modem temporarily. definitely miss the gamefuel. that said, the di 655 and linksys 350n both have QoS so you won't be disappointed by either.

I already talked to tookey via IM this morning. I recommend this Linksys model: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16833124190

Then install the dd-wrt opensource firmware which will turn it into a 500 dollar router with all the features it adds not to mention stability. I haven't rebooted my home router since the new firmware came out which is still in RC form but it rock solid. I have 4 wireless devices and 3 hardwire all the time and a few are always connecting and disconnecting since they are not on all the time and one is a laptop and the other is a Nintendo Wii.

Grab this version and type: (Download Link)

http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/r...vpn_generic.bin

Here is the base directory: http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads.php