Hellgate Thread

[LaW]Maverick

I got tired of going to Allanon's "can I return this" post. :-)

Anyway, what nights are good for you people? Friday's are bad for me, because, like Unclean, I have a non-gaming wife who doesn't like it so much if on a night she can finally spend some real time with me I play games all night. Which is exactly what would happen. Hahaha...we need to at least all get online once together so we can all add each other as friends in the game. After that, it'll become possible to run into each other at random times.

By the way, how does a word like "postal" go into the dictionary as going homicidal because of common use, but "each other" had not yet become one word (eachother)?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got tired of going to Allanon's "can I return this" post. :-)

Anyway, what nights are good for you people? Friday's are bad for me, because, like Unclean, I have a non-gaming wife who doesn't like it so much if on a night she can finally spend some real time with me I play games all night. Which is exactly what would happen. Hahaha...we need to at least all get online once together so we can all add each other as friends in the game. After that, it'll become possible to run into each other at random times.

By the way, how does a word like "postal" go into the dictionary as going homicidal because of common use, but "each other" had not yet become one word (eachother)?

1. Thank you for (hopefully) enticing Allanon to stop hijacking every thread he posts in because he can't quite figure out the "New Topic" button :biglaugha:

2. You're supposed to spend time with the wife during the week so that the nights you can stay up late are dedicated to something (more)important.

3. Never question the sheer stupidity of the people who determine what is and what isn't a word for they shall make you a word and it will be synonymous with horribly embarrassing things.

By The way....at lvl 9

the primary close in gun that I use does 99 physical....not too bad for a lvl 9 character :-) I just modded the living crap out of the first assault rifle that I found. :-)

I've got a better one that I think I'll mod that has 5 slots instead of 3 like the one I'm using now...but it performs well :-)

By The way....at lvl 9

the primary close in gun that I use does 99 physical....not too bad for a lvl 9 character :-) I just modded the living crap out of the first assault rifle that I found. :-)

I've got a better one that I think I'll mod that has 5 slots instead of 3 like the one I'm using now...but it performs well :-)

Get on vent when you play...there were a bunch of us on last night.

I'm completely addicted to this game, made it to lvl 7 in 3 hours last night (thanks mostly to Unclean :D )

Just to add to that...this is the first game in a while that makes me wish I wasn't at work so I could play it...I'm buying this for my good friend who's birthday was this week and I've found myself contemplating just buying the digital version on my CC so I can stay at home and play tonight (opposed to hand delivering his present...lol) this game is evil....I'm not sure he would appreciate it since Diablo II kinda made him drop out of college

good lord, I dream about having the kind of time to get engrossed in 6 different games at one time like Mo does....

funny how it seemed like most of you guys were kind of panning this game from the demo, but now you're hooked.

I'm almost afraid to read too much about this game - I don't need another fun game fighting for my limited gaming time!

good lord, I dream about having the kind of time to get engrossed in 6 different games at one time like Mo does....

funny how it seemed like most of you guys were kind of panning this game from the demo, but now you're hooked.

I'm almost afraid to read too much about this game - I don't need another fun game fighting for my limited gaming time!

1. Divorce the wife

2. Sell the house

3. Buy Hellgate

4. ???

5. Profit!!!

1. Divorce the wife

2. Sell the house

3. Buy Hellgate

4. ???

5. Profit!!!

you left out "wife takes half your stuff", hard to make a profit then :biglaugha:

1. Divorce the wife

2. Sell the house

3. Buy Hellgate

4. ???

5. Profit!!!

you left out "wife takes half your stuff", hard to make a profit then :biglaugha:

Uhhh...please don't tell me you would actually divorce your wife? You act like a jerk and make her divorce you! Pfft...amateur...and if you're good enough you can get rid of those pesky kids too!

By The way....at lvl 9

Get on vent when you play...there were a bunch of us on last night.

I'm completely addicted to this game, made it to lvl 7 in 3 hours last night (thanks mostly to Unclean :D )

Just to add to that...this is the first game in a while that makes me wish I wasn't at work so I could play it...I'm buying this for my good friend who's birthday was this week and I've found myself contemplating just buying the digital version on my CC so I can stay at home and play tonight (opposed to hand delivering his present...lol) this game is evil....I'm not sure he would appreciate it since Diablo II kinda made him drop out of college

Power levelling ftw!

And I just found out last night that you can upgrade your weapons beyond just adding slots. It's one of the machines in the stations, and you'll need parts that you broke down from all your loot. One of my weapons that was fully modded went from 76 damage to 110! And they can continually be upgraded (I think), so you can keep the same weapons throughout the game.

1. Divorce the wife

2. Sell the house

3. Buy Hellgate

4. ???

5. Profit!!!

Uhhh...please don't tell me you would actually divorce your wife? You act like a jerk and make her divorce you! Pfft...amateur...and if you're good enough you can get rid of those pesky kids too!

um... pretty sure that without a pre-nup it doesn't matter who files first, half your stuff will be going with her regardless. Anyways, enough of this crap, back to the leveling and loot and something something and all that noise.

And I just found out last night that you can upgrade your weapons beyond just adding slots. It's one of the machines in the stations, and you'll need parts that you broke down from all your loot. One of my weapons that was fully modded went from 76 damage to 110! And they can continually be upgraded (I think), so you can keep the same weapons throughout the game.

That's what I've been doing from the beginning! Hence why my character is killing things people were saying killed them several times over. :-) I'll hop on Vent next time...I guess... I hate Vent....lol, but I 'll get on. I was playing last night and I missed out :-(

Does it split up the experience evenly among party members, or...well, how does group XP work?

Woot! My buddy is going out to dinner with family tonight so it's Hellgate Friday for Mo!!!! I is excited!!!!!!

What are these slots you speak of Unclean? I only know the Nano Forge thingymaboob (which seems like it requires more and more spare parts every time I go back with what I thought was enough spare parts...maybe it was just someone pretending to be a nano-forge...only time will tell)

Boiler...just think of all the wonderful benefits of being married...you never have to eat greasy take-out, you never have to sit around the house in your underwear because you didn't want to get your only clean pair of clothes dirty, you never have to watch full football games, you don't have to get lonely playing video games until...well...there is no cutoff (only work), you don't have to worry about forgetting her name because there's only one to remember, you get to watch all the shows that men secretly wish they could be socially accepted for watching like Desperate Housewives, ER, Y&R and the new Battlestar Galactica (oh yeah, I saysd it)

lol I definitely am enjoying marriage. Managing time is difficult, but oh well.

she wants to find a way to play games with me, but the problem is I can't seem to find one that I have that would be easy for her to pick up since she hasn't played video games much at all.

I'll wait for an official one-two week review from you guys to determine if Hellgate makes my "want" list.

Currently Assassin's Creed, CoD4, and the Orange Box are at the head of the list.

(edited)

Hellgate is Dialo 2 in 3D with a slurry of bugs and a weaker storyline. They seem to be patching really fast though to get the game working better.

Y'all are chumps, btw! :)

I'm already in Nightmare with a level 23 marksman. It doesn't look like there's any large leap in difficulty like when switching modes in D2. It does get harder, but it's a gradual change, so if the last boss is kicking your butt on normal, don't worry.

That's gotta be the most disappointing thing about this game - the boss battles. The last boss was kind of cool, and is alot like fighting Diablo in the original D2. I miss running into a really dark room, hearing this loud rumbling noise and this deep, demonic voice laughing and asking '...looking for Baal?' and then some huge, freaking monster lunges at you.

And even though the story is weaker than D2, for those skipping the story, I recommend you don't. A surprise at the end may make it worth it. :)

Edited by Saris

Woot! My buddy is going out to dinner with family tonight so it's Hellgate Friday for Mo!!!! I is excited!!!!!!

What are these slots you speak of Unclean? I only know the Nano Forge thingymaboob (which seems like it requires more and more spare parts every time I go back with what I thought was enough spare parts...maybe it was just someone pretending to be a nano-forge...only time will tell)

Boiler...just think of all the wonderful benefits of being married...you never have to eat greasy take-out, you never have to sit around the house in your underwear because you didn't want to get your only clean pair of clothes dirty, you never have to watch full football games, you don't have to get lonely playing video games until...well...there is no cutoff (only work), you don't have to worry about forgetting her name because there's only one to remember, you get to watch all the shows that men secretly wish they could be socially accepted for watching like Desperate Housewives, ER, Y&R and the new Battlestar Galactica (oh yeah, I saysd it)

It's called the Augamatrix 4000 or somethin'. You put your gun in, pay the thing, and it adds a property to it. So you can use that AND the Nano-Forge to create some sweet stuff. So far, I'm impressed.

Yeah, Augamatrix is the name. And I haven't figured out if there's a max number of times you can use that on a weapon yet. Anyone know?

Also, EA keeps sending me different wasp dye kit codes. I gave one to Allanon, used one for myself, and have a third one now. Anyone interested?

What character names are you guys using?

My character name is Connith. Look for me!

AnonyMo

I played all night last night an barely anyone was around (Unclean has a life? whatgives!?!)

Allanon...you're cruel.

My character names:

Sunspear

ThunderBear (an alt)

And yeah, stupid "real life". Speaking of which, I have to get back to it. See you guys on tomorrow, hopefully!

What character names are you guys using?

My character name is Connith. Look for me!

AnonyMo

I played all night last night an barely anyone was around (Unclean has a life? whatgives!?!)

Allanon...you're cruel.

Que!?

Krasta: Blademaster

Tibetan: Marksman

Edited by Allanon