Hellgate Thread

[LaW]Maverick

Wow . . .

I so rescind my earlier comment. Hopping into nightmare at first was easy, but after beating up Shulgoth again, I found myself getting violated in every known way by mobs that were suddenly 5-7+ levels above me. My guardian (supposedly overpowered) reached the same level and goes down just as bad. Those giant zombie monsters with the spike balls for hands --- there's like 6-7 of them in a group now, and when they all fire at you at once, if the first one hits and stuns you, well, the following six will take you from full health to 0, end of story. Don't matter how great your build is, how great your gear is, you're gonna die.

So, I just grinded tonight from level 32 to 35 on my marksman by running Shulgoth over and over, until I got a unique machine pistol that does 130dmg at 600 rounds/min (that's twice as fast as the standard rifle and its one-handed[my other hand does 160 at 300 rounds/min). I ran back towards charing cross station and I can now mow everything down, unless they get lucky, like in a situation as described above. The only difference is - it's not doing anything. My exp bar refuses to move!

At this point, I'm questioning whether or not nightmare is worth doing seeing how there is no end game. My latest skills+my awesome gun mods+owning everything sight is fun, but not when I'm getting nothing out of it. I can't emphasize enough what a wall this is - you tend not to notice while doing the first few quests because they're easy, but after the end of act 1, you'll realize you've gained 1-1.5 levels. There's 5 more acts to go and by the end of it, the mobs will be level 50.

If you plan to play this far, run Shulgoth. Run him until you're wearing nothing but legendary and are level 36, no more, no less. Cause I forgot to mention, before logging off tonight, that I made it to Death Sewers again . . . I was killed just by the zombies.

Edited by Saris

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saris...you're not playing alone are you? Just have to check, because the game was designed as a team game and even the devs have said that it's next to impossible to get through hardcore alone (I mean, all the bonuses you get for playing in a party pretty much make this game pointless to play alone)

I play with my brother sometimes, sometimes I auto party. It's not that the game is hard, I took another shot at it and made it all the way to the Wall, where you have to command the Fist. I was still level 35, killing demons at level 43 - that does nothing for exp. I'm going to try auto-partying right now while there's more people on to see if I can get in a decent group that's just grinding - I'm sure there are many :(

I got on last night, but no one would talk to me from gc :-(

You must have been late, I stopped playing around 6pmam (started at 10ampm :tired: )

This just in from the Allanon Service of Mo Corrections...

Thank you, have a nice Mo free day!

:P

Thank you, have a [...] Mo free day!

Is there such a thing in these forums? I say no.

What's that supposed to mean? :freak:

benjester...you time is nigh (wait...how on earth are you lvl 20 already if you just got the game? does SP level you up faster?)

Online is the place to be!

My three chars:

AnonyMo (lvl 18 guardian)

D3kk3r (lvl 10 marksman)

Ixis (lvl 5 evoker)

1. Jump in vent -- idle in the Hellgate channel, and people usually join.

2. I sometimes get that. Or "you do not meet the requirements, equipment removed". There are lots of random bugs and glitches in the game, and I don't expect them to be mostly resolved for another month or two.

I don't think the requirements are a bug. Check your mods, sometimes if you mod your weapon while its equipped, your go over your willpower without having to remove your weapon, so it disables sm of your mods.

That "you do not meet the requirements, equipment removed" thing usually means that one of your weapon sets doesn't match with your armor. Happens to me a lot, where I put on new armor while using one weapon set and don't test it with all three, so one set can't handle something somewhere. It just disables the equipment, if you switch back to your "working" set the equipment magically reappears.

The "extreme" thing is quite weird but I seem to only see it if I accidentally try to teleport to someone of a higher level, but then again it does happen randomly, probably a ghost (I am starting to think that sometimes different instances get mixed up by the server, sometimes I will see a really high level player just appear randomly in front of me while in a quest area...it's all weird)

btw unclean, I finally managed to be able to use that electic ray gun you gave me...i kinda modded up to do 127 damage :freak: ...the game has lost it's edge for now :biglaugha: (my buddy is loving that sword btw...should find someone else to hand it down to, see how long it can last)

I'm with Mo...

I'll get on every once and a while, but until they fix a lot of the major issues... I'm gonna stick with CoD4 and playing through Gears of War.

Come on Flagship Studios... get your head in the game and make this game what it should be :)

btw unclean, I finally managed to be able to use that electic ray gun you gave me...i kinda modded up to do 127 damage :freak: ...the game has lost it's edge for now :biglaugha: (my buddy is loving that sword btw...should find someone else to hand it down to, see how long it can last)

that number on the front is weapon rating, not damage

Thank you, have a [...] Mo free day!

Is there such a thing in these forums? I say no.

What's that supposed to mean? :freak:

benjester...you time is nigh (wait...how on earth are you lvl 20 already if you just got the game? does SP level you up faster?)

Online is the place to be!

My three chars:

AnonyMo (lvl 18 guardian)

D3kk3r (lvl 10 marksman)

Ixis (lvl 5 evoker)

yeah, I'll get online this weekend... I won't have time till then. I am assuming SP levels easier and faster than online... that and I played non-stop all weekend with Friday off of work... so I have quite a few hours logged already.

I'll jump on this weekend though. I have a lot of catching up to do apparently... haha.

ooooohhhhhhhhhh

well, the higher the rating, the higher the damage, correct? So I'm not a complete idiot? hahaha...

and also, I still can't find these dye kits.....someone want to explain in detail where to find them?

I think I have one left over for ya. Mo, did I give you one? Or was it Allanon?

ooooohhhhhhhhhh

well, the higher the rating, the higher the damage, correct? So I'm not a complete idiot? hahaha...

and also, I still can't find these dye kits.....someone want to explain in detail where to find them?

I think I have one left over for ya. Mo, did I give you one? Or was it Allanon?

Not me.