Released! First week info.

dragonfly

1) Doubt most of you will have this tonight.

Ships today, trucks arrive at Walmart, BB, etc. today/tomorrow, hits shelves tonight if you are lucky (beg). Should be on the shelves tomorrow aft.

2) Get the latest drivers. Period.

I had some serious glitching with my unofficial German copy and this was from Nvidia drivers from three weeks ago.

Nvidia 169.09 are out, those work beauty.

http://downloads.guru3d.com/

3) Our server up today???

24 player Warfare; voting hopefully. VCTF and TDM later (maybe)

4) Stupid week.

Turkey week meaning folks are here, there, everywhere. HWarrior is on standby with turkey-day at his joint. I get to see my GF for the first time in 120 days tomorrow (which means I'm totally unavail tomorrow between Noon and at least 8pm btw with airport pickup, etc.) We'll check in as often as we can so if problems post them up.

5) Heads up!

Expect to die A LOT easier than before; don't let it frustrate you.

Shock does not stop vehicles in their tracks like it used to; don't let it frustrate you.

Nodes build faster than before.

Nodes are harder to take down than before (both this and the previous are for one person)

Mantas vs nodes = not that fast, feels like UT2K4 raptor node take down.

When a node is available for takedown is not as intuitive as before.

6) Start up threads for each map pls. if you find something about them.

So much special events, hidden pickups, etc. You find something, share it pls.

Grading and teaching tonight - back after 11pm...

-Fk

Quick note before I'm out the door:

When registering your name, provided you can re-register (gamespy and all that), do so WITHOUT the clan tag entry - We can adapt to use the separate caln tag variable they have provided. We should try to be consistent on this and this is the best way.

FYI, some German folks have busted up the inis and found hidden sub menus not activated (and in some cases not working) - once the patches hit, fov, aliasing, etc. all come back in, which is good.

Lastly, I have absolutely no idea if spectating is out of the box.

-Fk

After being given terrible customer service at EB games for the last 2 hours (we cant check the boxes to see if we have it cause it might mess up inventory??? wait, dont they have inventory so that they can sell it???) they finally told me it drops on the 22nd here. They wont be getting my business then anyway.

Flitter, you want map posts started up in the private forums or here?

PS If any of you want to be my friend still, dont install until I have a copy. It's only fair... :P

When I picked up that 8800GT at BB I was in and out in under 3 minutes. Forgot all about UT3. Prolly gonna have to get some moneys out of my GTS before I buy anything else. Kinda wanted to wait a couple of weeks anyway just to see how the game is being played.

I also want feedback on how UT3 compares to TF2, which is more fun and will have a longer life.

BTW we may need 2 UT channels from now on. :)

When I picked up that 8800GT at BB I was in and out in under 3 minutes. Forgot all about UT3. Prolly gonna have to get some moneys out of my GTS before I buy anything else. Kinda wanted to wait a couple of weeks anyway just to see how the game is being played.

I also want feedback on how UT3 compares to TF2, which is more fun and will have a longer life.

BTW we may need 2 UT channels from now on. :)

Can't get an 8800GT to save my life!

If anyone has the spare cash and picks one up, I will pay you for card and shipping...meh.

The BB where I live (metropolitan of 300,000) carries only dirt crap for vidcards etc...

No comp usa or fry's either.

I am not buying UT3 until my new HDD arrives and I can reinstall XP and everything else.

I suppose I will have to wait a week(s) or so to get a playable vid card.

lates

GLHF those who are rockin it already.

Collectors is just the extra stuff you probably don't need. Bestbuy will show backordered until they get thier pre-orders out the door; you might want to leg it to a retail joint (there should be a bajillion copies)

Frys.com is mid $40's shipped for the reg version and us local types will get it in 1 to 2 days stand. shipping (they have a dist. center in West Ohio)

-Fk

I did the trek to 2 Best Buy stores that claimed they had the game but couldn't find it when I got there. EBGames (gamestop) got their shipment shortly after noon today and I had no problem getting 3 copies. Yes, my kids are spoiled but it's about the only game we play together.

Now to see if my old PC can play it decently. The demo was playable but randomly locked up my system.

Will my PC play this game? AMD 5000 Black Edition...OC'd...2 7900 GT KO's in SLi, 2GB ram.

I have an old athlon 3800 with 1 7900 GT KO and it runs smooth for me except for the map loading part where my pc gets a hiccup.

I did the trek to 2 Best Buy stores that claimed they had the game but couldn't find it when I got there. EBGames (gamestop) got their shipment shortly after noon today and I had no problem getting 3 copies. Yes, my kids are spoiled but it's about the only game we play together.

Now to see if my old PC can play it decently. The demo was playable but randomly locked up my system.

My PC is a 3.2 GHz P4 with 2GB RAM and a GeForce 6800GT video card. Initially, I didn't think this was gonna cut it as even with all of the video settings turned down I was getting jerky play when most needed. I took Flitter's suggestion and updated my video card drivers and there was a huge improvement. Also, no problems with the system freezing up entirely as seen with the demo.

As far as real game play I've just scratched the surface. Onslaught is referred to as Warfare now and I'm not sure what to think of the "Orbs". From the manual, "The primary use of an Orb is the 100% instantaneous capture of a linked, neutral or enemy Node." It seems like the whole game is gonna revolve around these orbs.

In general everything looks to different that it will be a while just to get my bearings but that's to be expected.

Just got game tonight. I will be busy. I have to understand all the controls, new vehicles, and find the ini file for my nostromo programming. I probably will not be heard for a while..........

Edited by MaDPaT

I've been playing Warfare for the past couple of hours and I'm digging it. Like most, I was a little worried after playing the beta demo, but now I'm starting to get the feeling I had when I first started playing ONS.

Hopefully our server will be up and running soon. Playing against bots is well.... playing against bots. Due to problems with my login, I haven't touch the multiplayer yet.

As Flitter requested I didn't create my character with the GC][ tag and have been playing warfare on line as Cannon_F. There is a place to enter a clan tag which I did but I can't see where it's displayed. There is a lot going on in a server with lots of people. MANY different vehicles to figure out, constant shifting between hover board and running. The whole "orb" concept turns things around. So far the maps seem a bit crowded and finding the base is often a challenge. It seems like there are LOTS of things close to kill you quick making it more mayhem then skill like a deathmatch with too many people on a small map. At the end of a map it only displays kills without any other indication of skill. I don't think you can transport between nodes but I hope I'm wrong.

I know much of this is because it's new and different and I'm optimistic that it will improve with more play.

Played about 4 maps so far and I like Avalanch and Floodgates the best so far. I will say though that I am a little disappointed in the weapons fire. They shoot slow and seem a bit slugish to me. Manta is very usefull and so is the flying Necris thing, can't remember the name for now. The viper is good for getting there fast but fire power is on the weak side.

They for sure improved the tank from the demo--worth using now. The Walker is a good defensive machine. I found the little ball with legs is actually affective against the nodes, not a whole lot of use otherwise. You have to do a quick single tap with it. The slomo thing that goes invisible when you get in it is kinda cool. I can see it being used as a counter measure for team cover. Set back is, that it is really slow getting anywhere with it but it does have a kinda high vehicle life.

I don't know how to deploy the Ion Cannon for the Levi yet :shrug03: I guess I'll figure that one out in time.

Overall view, I like it, I do however see this game needing even more team effort than 2k4 did. The orbs can really play out to your advantage but you need good strats for the game. The different maps and the way they are set up with the bridges and floodgates and other stuff will be a challenge.

So far with playing about 2 hours and 4 maps, --- I give it about an 8, as of now. I need more maps and maybe a little competition. Where are th big guns at, I wanna get pwnd for a while, then it'll really feel like UT for me. :biglaugha: