For sale like new UT3 PC game

bushwack

After 2 weeks (sigh) my UT3 came today. Was it worth the wait?

Played for a couple of hours of Warfare to night but when I was done, I was seeing how much they were going for on Ebay.

Trying using the stuff that's more familiar for a while versus getting lost in all of the new stuff. Play Torlan where the layout is basically the same and the vehicles are more what you'd expect. Mantas, Raptors, Hellbenders and Tanks feel a bit squirrelly but you know how to use them. What drives you nuts until you get used to it is how often the nodes flip with orbs.

Just me 2 cents but it was always good to have Bushwack join in... :smiling2::smiling2:

After 2 weeks (sigh) my UT3 came today. Was it worth the wait?

Played for a couple of hours of Warfare to night but when I was done, I was seeing how much they were going for on Ebay.

Whoa? Really? The more I play the more I like it.

I'll second the H. The more I play the more I like. BUT, even with a new vid card, I still have to dial back the graphics when I play online, because FPS takes major hits on full servers. Everything gets sketchy.

Still the thing that most frustrates me about this game is that many time, I am incurring damage and taking fire, and I just cannot figure out where it is coming from. Because the weapons are so powerful, by the time you pick out all the bright and shiny rocket/flak/shock/link/minigun fire against the bright and shiny background...you're dead.

That's frustrating.

I have dynamic lighting turned off so i don't have to deal with all the glowing crap messing with my fps

the uglier the game is the easier it is to play

So apparently it is not just me.

There are lots of ppl out there with high end hardware that have everything cut down to basics and minimum resolution AND they are still getting this weird sketchy FPS drop...

Seriously.

Tonight I was only just briefly, and I was getting 25 and 30 fps as average, AND my Vid Card was not breaking a sweat. I mean, idle temp on my 8800GT is around 42c. While playing loaded server, my vid card was at 48. Usually during crysis or other games that destroy FPS, I get high 60s.

Oh yeah, and ping is like 50-70... should not be a problem.

It really looks like slide show and it is starting to p i s s m e o f f ! ! !

I was playing the game on 3/3 quality and no other tweaks. Game ran fine but the scenery was so busy and so much glitz from weapon fire it was hard to tell just what was happening. I lowered to 2/2 and did some of the .ini fixes like turning off bloom and lighting such. Now the game is like UT 2004.5 and while a little better frame rates are to be had the bigger benefit is the game is much more playable now.

Stick with it for a while bro...we'll miss you if you don't.

I'm still in the "trying" phase, even tho' I bought already like you.

If they can't get my FPS up to par by next patch, I will def. quit.

:bang:

Oh, P.S. see graphics thread, but IF you do teh .ini hax....your graphics settings in game will be set to 1/1.

I like the game but the problem I am having is with the vehicles and the weapons. The weapons are slow and sluggish, and the vehicles are about as responsive as a turtle.

I personally feel like this game is a modified version of a console game and Epic has turned Onslaught into a larger version of Team Death Match. Well, whatever, do and think what you want with this post but I probably don't see myself playing UT3 much. Here and there or maybe if they come up with some mods to it.

I agree that there are still issues.. but i think it's just a matter of getting used to it. We're starting up a team and I'm sure the majority of the early practices are going to be sharing information with each other, much like we did with 2k4. Keep in mind... All of us have learned from each other in the past which got us to the level we were at in 2k4. We haven't had a single meeting in UT3 yet :). Furthermore, ANY new game, regardless of being a continuation of a "series" is going to feel entirely different. New engine, new textures, new models, new weapons, new everything! I mean just because you hold a weapon called a flak cannon doesn't mean you know how to use it.. because regardless of the "name" of the weapon, you've never used it before ut3 came out :P.......

As for the console thing.. I disagree there. PC play is fast paced and keyboard / mouse support for the ps3 is to offset the crappiness of a console controller in a PC game :P otherwise why support it?

Come practice with us, help your bros and learn from them as well.. and remember fun first competition second :D

Learn to have fun losing before you learn to win, and you can't lose. Wentzquote of the day.

I mean just because you hold a weapon called a flak cannon doesn't mean you know how to use it.. because regardless of the "name" of the weapon, you've never used it before ut3 came out :P.......

I figure since the "flak" cannon is the same color as the one in UT2004 so it should fire like it. How do you raise the sites on the thing so you don't always over shoot?

Come practice with us, help your bros and learn from them as well.. and remember fun first competition second :D

Learn to have fun losing before you learn to win, and you can't lose. Wentzquote of the day.

Wentz teach me to have fun with this game. :zombie: On a brighter note: Last night was a little better because I was playing on my new monitor. I almost got motion sickness for the first little bit, lawl. Well it was better till I turned the grafix down to make the game more playable, then it lost it's awe.

Trying using the stuff that's more familiar for a while versus getting lost in all of the new stuff. Play Torlan where the layout is basically the same and the vehicles are more what you'd expect. Mantas, Raptors, Hellbenders and Tanks feel a bit squirrelly but you know how to use them. What drives you nuts until you get used to it is how often the nodes flip with orbs.

Squirrelly? Nuts? I'm in.

You gonna cough up that copy, bush, or am I gonna have to go to that store-place and find one?

-hC

...lookin' to bump Wentz's fun up by at least another 5%

HOLY CRAP, CAN IT BE TRUE!!!

Is it really my old mentor, has he risen from the ashes of what use to be UT!! :biglaugha:

I'll tell you what wentz, If this is really Hyperactivechipmunk, and he is going to get on board with this team thing you are trying to put together, then maybe I might be persuaded to join, maybe. All on the grounds that the old team will be back together.

Maybe there is hope yet. I think I'm gonna have to change my sig tag. :blink:

And where is this new movie you speak of ebits?

Edited by Primus