Thanks ut3, I needed a break from gaming

Wentz

It's to the point where I get angry every time i play warfare. break time.

20fps in loaded servers, frequent lockups (we're talking reset button), poorly designed vehicles, crappy noob-friendly bottlenecking spam maps... I've tried my best to have an optimistic attitude toward this game, even posting about the good qualities it has... truth is though, overall the game (namely warfare) seems rushed, buggy, imbalanced... just cheap! I still felt annoyed even when i won matches tonight... ??

I've had to spend hours tweaking every possible setting in the INI files just so my computer that is less than a year old can play it with the lowest settings possible (uglier than 2k4) at 2

Unless there is some miracle patch that makes this game likeable, or some seriously aweseome maps come out, I'm probably going to keep this game in garage in my yardsale box.

Sorry to be a grouch about it, but this game wasn't ready for retail sale and it almost seems like a crime to release something so bad and call it "unreal". Then again, the only unreal i ever played was 2k4 and didn't care a lot for the others.. maybe i never belonged :P

UT 2004 was a great experience for me. The first real online multi-player game I got into (cant count quake or Warcraft 2 on dial-up) as I just got my broadband connection, it was like crack. First experience with clan involvement and ladder competitions. I remember the first time I got on our private server for practice and just got Teamspeak running, everything was alien and I had no idea how to conduct myself. What a blast.I also think I played the game more then most of you guys. I'm burned out, that's why you haven't seen me much in UT3. I grew tired on ONS and Warfare is just more ONS. While the game plays fine for me, it seems the more people that are playing the more the game bogs, making it hard to hit. Forget hit scans. Plays better with bots, maybe it's just my connection. I've had the game a week and a half now and although I have logged in just a handful of hours, the game hasn't become more enjoyable for me. Just less stressful. Learning how not to die seems the first step in this game, I'm almost ready for the second step. Whatever that is. Maybe it's a rebate e-check, I think that's why they wanted my email addy when I made an account to play.Wentz, if it wasn't for you saying the game was so awesome I wouldn't have ever bought it. Thanks pal. :biglaugha:

Yeah, definitely sounds like it's break time for you. Have you tried any other new games recently?
Don't listen to him, he's just trying to drag you into COD4. You need to play TF2 with me when I get mine.

Sorry bush, I'll donate half my proceeds to you when I sell my copy :P

tf2 is fun, if you have a decent team. seems extremely slow at first, but ya get used to it.

orange box seems like a good buy

I feel ya W. I was on last night with you for 2+ hours.

I have the FPS prob too, but not as much on our server. When I pub on other servers, my FPS drops into the 30s, which with as much action and scenery as UT3 dishes out, is unbearable.

I still hate the fact that you cannot hear ppl and vehics coming up behind you. I mean, I regularly get pancakes and road-raged by large vehicles that I don't hear even when they are on my head.

I hate the fact that I cannot tell where enemy fire is coming from (hell, tank rounds don't even make a noise when you are on foot!).

I really WANT this game to be good.

I really WANT it to play smoothly (and it should on my hardware!).

It doesn't.

Maybe they don't respect the PC gamer and are earning all their money from the console boys...but UT is a PC game and it got where it got by catering to that clientèle.

I will keep my copy and continue to play a night or two...but it is NOT on my favs list by far.

Ok, first off, I would just like to go on record as being the first to state how this game just didn't have it. We all waited and waited and waited for this awesome NEW UT3 game to hit the shelves. It was new and improved and its the most anticipated game of the year. Then they launched that despicable joke of a demo, not to mention they made thousands of server companies pull their hair out by telling them they have to run a windows server until they get their act together and come up with 2000 and linux patche.

Then out came the game and it was chalked full of glitches, in everything from the server browser to crosshair issues to fps fubars. Now they come out with a patch that I'm not really sure does anything exept make the game look prettier for people with lower grade vid cards. They have taken the vehicles and screwed them up so much you don't even want to use one. Like I said, Epic came out with UT3 DeathMatch, and thats it. If you notice the only people playing this game are the hardcore Deathmatchers. Epic has managed to kill what was once called Onlaught and has catered to the single player and DMer's in the gaming comunnity.

AND I STILL THINK IT PLAYS LIKE A CONSOLE!!!

I played TF2 for about 10 minutes once. I thought at that time it was kind of sluggish and slow. Maybe if I sat down and played a little more I might like it but I'm not getting the orange box just yet so. However, I think you guys should check out COD4, NOW THATS A COOL GAME!!! I plugged it for ya Unclean :biglaugha:

how about a ut3 crashscreen sig

btw, I can play this game at 640x480 with 1/1 and still drop into the 40's in big maps VERY NIIIIIIICCCCEEEEE

sad thing is i know i will still play

Edited by Wentz

I have a new way to describe what they did. They "consoled" this game.

When I got into UT2004 it was out a while. The controls were easy on the eyes and very intuitive to use. Added to that was the ability to modify through pipe switching and other areas to improve your style of play. There were no limits to customize your play so the game adapted to you. You had a wide selection of characters, cross hairs, etc. UT3 which took forever to come out. Misses most of this. The interface sucks looking for items. The color red from education point of view is not relaxing and actually is a color to promote stress from a graphic design/educational point of view. You cannot use a name without logging in and your name gets registered. Feels like Big Brother Watching. I know a player called Bushwack and hate to see Bushie on the roster. I have a gaming mouse that is reduced to a generic mouse due to the fact it will not work in ut3 other than as a generic mouse. This must be the console mouse mentioned for console gaming of UT3and the only one Epic allows. No first person or third person view. They mention beautiful graphics. Well look at a nice photo on a wall cause my system I BUILT FOR THIS GAME was a stuttering effect as I hoverboard around. Weapons seem ok other than the shocker is slower to fire and flak cannon arc seems abnormally high compared to ut2004. New vehicles were no big deal cause Omnipotents had modified vehicles if you wanted that. Aggravated that Hellbender was ruined in twin beam fire rate, speed, and maneuverability. The orb makes the team with more teamwork win the game faster. Get an idiot with orb on your team and you are ruined. Instead of looking out for guy who tries to kill you getting on manta (which is not an option due to orbs needed to be towed) with flak ball they can ruin the whole game by playing with orb.

Crysis or COD4 might have a hellbender type of sniping flavor I miss.

Let's start a UT3 bashing thread. THEN we can all be bitter old men! :)

Um, what's this thread? :)

And I didn't bother with UT3... sounds like a good decision based off the feedback from Bushwack, Wentz, Primus, and you.

Just play the demo Unclean. To get the sense of Warfare, just play the CTF map and pretend there is a node in the middle of the bridge. :propeller:

I really don't think the game is bad, it's just not something that holds my interest. If you join a map with a buddy and just check out the new rides and guns, it's kinda cool. But in a pub match it turns into a slap fight between to girls while they look away from each other.

And the mines, oh the freakin' mines just want me to punch my monitor. I mean the same animation and sound over and over again. Even if you click fast enough to make the face raper go away, you spawn with the sound still going ReeaerzerrearrarreeerzrzrrarRRR.

My two cents to add to the witching... I hate orbs!!!! <_<<_< I'm sure they would be more fun with some coordinated team play but of course that's not what you get with pubbing. Almost no one waits to give the orb carrier a tow to a node. The orb is either practically fought over or totally neglected. The map flips back and forth too much with them. Plus of course all the background chatting the game adds about where the orb is and what to do with it...

how about a ut3 crashscreen sig

btw, I can play this game at 640x480 with 1/1 and still drop into the 40's in big maps VERY NIIIIIIICCCCEEEEE

sad thing is i know i will still play

Just curious...what's the native resolution of your LCD? As long as you have 512mb of GPU ram you should always use your native resolution when playing games as it cuts out any needless processing...I jump 20-30 fps in every game I play (CSS, HGL, TF2, HL2EP2) going from 1280x1024 or 1680x1050 to 1920x1200 (using a 7600GS, haven't tested UT3 but the principle is the same) it was the same with my 17" LCD, at 1024x768 I would drop to 30fps in CSS and TF2 only to go back to 85 (my ceiling) at 1280x1024

Let's start a UT3 bashing thread. THEN we can all be bitter old men!

I was waiting for Wentz to come up with something like---I guess Primus better start working on the bitter part!!! :biglaugha:

There Wentz, I just stole your punchline!!! :D

http://www.gamrs.co/forums/in...showtopic=34670

Bump for the gamecomm stuff which is tonight - pls download and use it (or just idle) - can do voice or IM with it - I'm grading, etc. but lingering about

Should be playing tomorrow nite - as a group we need to come to a consensus on this stuff sooner rather than later - perhaps at the start of the new year once all our holiday schedules come to an end.

-Fk