Map rotation vote

Allanon

Taking in the same format that Mookie used to make the rotation for Retro I'm going to put up every map that we have on the server *only 17 regular maps in the game so far* and you guys will put them in order of preference

Note: I will do a preference in terms of gametypes later

Maps with Descriptions

* Ambush - Large desert town. Excels in sabotage matches.

* Backlot - Medium sized construction site. Good for Headquarters gametype.

* Bloc - A large Russian map with a courtyard status to fight around. Lots of sniping opportunity here.

* Bog - Small desert bog. Open level, excellent for smaller groups.

* Countdown - Open launch pad. Huge sight lines and dangerous maneuvering.

* Crash - Downed Sea Knight in a desert town. Fantastic team games.

* Crossfire - Large desert town. Intense interior fighting and strong firefights. Excellent sniping locations.

* District - Large urban town with a market in the middle. Great for team games.

* Downpour - Big rainy Russian farm. Excellent for Sabotage matches.

* Overgrown - Large overgrown rural Russian area. Sniper ghillie suits make for good cover…

* Pipeline - Russian train yard. Excellent free for all games.

* Shipment - Tiny Cargo Container map. Very Small but good for Free-for-all matches. SMG/shotgun recommended.

* Showdown - Small desert arena. Great fast gameplay for small numbers of players.

* Strike - Large urban desert town. Excellent team games.

* Vacant - Deserted Russian office. Intense interior fighting.

* Wet Work - Medium sized map on the deck of a ship.

* Winter Crash - Medium sized map set in a Russian town square. Brought out with Patch 1.4, it features a large Christmas tree which has been taken down by a transport helicopter. This map features good sniper spots and an air strike which includes the "Santa" voiceover when fired.

• 1 month later...
Game Modes

Hardcore search and destroy ftw

I've only played deathmatch tho :( .... so more comments to come. I found it rather odd that on HQ, one team respawns and the other doesn't. Generally, I think respawning takes away from teamplay and increases noobing.

You seem to be in the minority on this one -- hardcore and S&D were two of the least popular options when we polled a few months back.

And if you're interested in hearing "the other side", I wouldn't play a game without respawning between rounds/games. I'm very noobish in slower games like COD4 and CSS, and I learn much faster by playing instead of being dead for 85-90% of the game. :)

I'm not sure we have all the maps properly working.....anyway, Search and Destroy is my favorite of the other game-types I've played

Yeah, I tried it out last night. S&D is gonna be a blast. I need to play TDM more though so I unlock some more stuffs. Then I'll stop playing TDM ForEva and start playin S&D :D

Yay.

* Edit: Oh, and S&D sucks if you don't know the maps.

Edited by Bewildered

• 2 weeks later...

So long, winter crash. Regular crash is back in.

And the last thing I want is another sniping/nading map. :)

So yesterday Domination was a flop... I was hoping for another Sabotage success. What would you guys like to see next Wednesday

besides Search and Destroy

?

I agree on this one... everybody gets the 3x frag perk and spams away on that map. I was thinking about switching it out for that map with the buses and disabled tank in the center. What's the name of that one?