Any Magic TCG Players out there?

Thief_Lord

Ok, I wasn't sure where to post this but whatever (Maybe add a section to the other games area?)

I was just wondering how many people out there were playing this (hopefully im not the only one) and see if anyone out there could give me a few pointers since im starting to get back into it.

Im not working towards any Standard tournament format deck just for some casual play between my friends.

Anyways I am working on a limited resources/ mana depletion deck; going with Green/White for now.

These are some of the cards I have in mind:

4 Limited Resources

4 Armageddon

4 Terravore

2 Journey of Discovery

2 Rite of Passage

3 Resize

2 elemental witness

2 moss diamond

2 marble diamond

2 natural affinity

2 vine trellis

2 wall of blossoms

4 yavimaya elder

4 yavimaya granger

+ lands

That's about all i have thought of for now, but im not really sure that will work out good. I know I need more damage output, and I think i should take out some monsters that only add temporary mana to the mana pool.

Well, does anyone out there have a few pointers?

(edited)
Do people really build white decks without Swords to Plowshares now?

Actually, I had never even thought about that...... but since you brought it up i guess it would be perfect since it has such a low cost.

Also*

I was looking at usingg aurochs as the primary damage dealers of the deck because of their trample abilities.

Edited by Thief_Lord

Yeah, I'm definitely a Magic player...play weekly, go to tournaments all the time...even made it to the Pro Tour once (and did horribly).

That said...I only play Standard usually so I can't really help.

go post at stlmtg.com/forum (St. Louis Magic website that I maintain) and ask there

Yeah, I'm definitely a Magic player...play weekly, go to tournaments all the time...even made it to the Pro Tour once (and did horribly).

That said...I only play Standard usually so I can't really help.

go post at stlmtg.com/forum (St. Louis Magic website that I maintain) and ask there

ok, thanks; i didn't really like posting on the Official magic site since it seemed as though they bombarded me with being called a noob and other names for the fact that i didn't know every card there ever was.

i didn't really like posting on the Official magic site since it seemed as though they bombarded me with being called a noob and other names for the fact that i didn't know every card there ever was.

This made me laugh...I was going to reply like a dork with "You noob!" or something similar just for effect but decided not to...even on the MGT site they harass people like that, so lame but so funny...I think I'll have to check it out :lol2:

I keep looking at magic card packs in stores and think about buying them but it's just another way to spend money that I don't have :(

the word "geek" comes to mind as I read this thread. When I took that "geek test" a few years ago I was only like 10% geek....does magic automatically raise your score to like 95% ?

jk jk

Whats this magic game all about anyways?

the word "geek" comes to mind as I read this thread. When I took that "geek test" a few years ago I was only like 10% geek....does magic automatically raise your score to like 95% ?

jk jk

Whats this magic game all about anyways?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic:_The_Gathering

I think it's the longest running collectible card game or oldest? both?

It's definitely almost the geekiest game you can play. That said, most of the people who I play with at tournaments who take the game seriously are full-grown adult-type folks with kids and careers and they just use the game as a way to spend time with friends. I've traveled all over the country playing this game and I'm not even very good.

It's definitely almost the geekiest game you can play. That said, most of the people who I play with at tournaments who take the game seriously are full-grown adult-type folks with kids and careers and they just use the game as a way to spend time with friends. I've traveled all over the country playing this game and I'm not even very good.

... the most geekiest game you can possibly take part of is... LARPing

... the most geekiest game you can possibly take part of is... LARPing

MTG Larping = much geekier / possible psychosis

MTG Larper 1: I'm a lord of the pit!! <turns sideways>

MTG Larper 2: All your creatures are already tapped, deal 7 damage to yourself noob!

<universe ceases to exist in the midst of trying to decide whether imploding or exploding would guarantee permanent extinction of the ones it calls MagLarpers>

I can remember buying some of those when I was like 14 or 15. I think the game was fairly new back then. I played for like a week and I then went back to riding my skateboard and I learned how to do this

2005879570579074513_rs.jpg

I can remember buying some of those when I was like 14 or 15. I think the game was fairly new back then. I played for like a week and I then went back to riding my skateboard and I learned how to do this

2005879570579074513_rs.jpg

Shoulda stuck with the magic cards... :biglaugha: jk

rite of passage seems useless

use rancor instead of resize

your deck seems to have two purposes, getting land out, then destroying it all...seems rather silly if all your damage is based on terravores...I actually have a deck on my desk that is similar to yours...but red green

4x sprouting vines (land search)

4x krosan tusker (killer 6/5, or land + cycling)

4x lay of the land (cheap land search)

4x terravore (the main damage dealing creature)

4x groundskeeper (land recycling)

4x yavimaya elders (purely for land search + draw)

4x llanowar elves (land)

4x harvest wurm (2 mana for a 3/2 + land recycling)

4x seismic assaults (the main point of my deck...i discard a land and deal 2 damage to whatever I want with it, then I have multiple ways to get it back and rediscard)

This deck is fun for casual play between buddies, but itll always get beaten by anything good :P...anyway...i feel that using land to do direct damage is a lot better than just getting rid of it. Armageddon seems more of a card suited for decks mostly based on 1-2 card costs, or which use alternative methods of mana generation.