Need suggestions for building a comp for < $1000.00 w/o monitor (Results)

Ice_Berge_00

I would recommend that case Bewildered mentioned as well. It's a very well built and inexpensive case that's easy to work in.

The whole front of it is a mesh material, which means outstanding air flow, but it won't be the quietest case either.

Oh, for the record, eVGA does have a lifetime warranty after you register your card with them - a 2 minute process. I've purchased three of their cards, and loved them all. The only issue I ever had involved a BIOS update, and the customer service was outstanding.

I know it's a bit late in the game to mention this, but I personally would have considered going with a microATX mini-tower considering there won't be much high-end/high-heat stuff in there. That would save a good deal of space. Even with the processor you're putting in there, heat wouldn't be an issue as the Conroe's run cool even with stock cooling. Oh well, at least the mid-towers are easier to work in! :)

• 2 weeks later...

The components have all arrived and I've got the system built. Setting up the OS and software now:

For those interested here's the final specs:

GA-P35-DS3L

Core 2 Duo E6750

2 GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2 8500

BFG 8500gt 256 GB PCIe

Seagate Barracuda 250GB SATA 3.0

LiteOn 20X DVD burner Sata

Rosewill Card Reader

Thermaltake 430 Watt Power Supply

Raidmax Smilodon ATX-612WBP

XP Pro SP2c

I was a little disappointed with the case, documentation didn't really cover much (and in some cases things didn't quite match, such as the colors for certain wires). However, things were easy to setup and get put together so we will see how it goes.

Edit: Forums messed up the text and put everything on 1 line so I refixed it