ps3 vs 24" widescreen

NOFX

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my bad, I don't know anything about gamut... It it was what I thought it was, but I was using the wrong term. It's not called color correction, its called color reproduction... Either way, I got to play some COD for the first time last night, I will say that there is now a level that Ican't go below..

If I want to keep the FPS out of the red, Im going to have to play at 1280x720 max and it looks horrible. Im sure there is a perfect balance out there somewhere, just gotta find it.

my bad, I don't know anything about gamut... It it was what I thought it was, but I was using the wrong term. It's not called color correction, its called color reproduction... Either way, I got to play some COD for the first time last night, I will say that there is now a level that Ican't go below..

If I want to keep the FPS out of the red, Im going to have to play at 1280x720 max and it looks horrible. Im sure there is a perfect balance out there somewhere, just gotta find it.

thankfully, your soon-to-arrive GTX will solve those problems :)

It will look better of you use a 16:10 aspect ratio (1680x1050) or even 5:4 (1280x1024). Don't ask me why 1280x1024 fits so well into 16:10 ratios, it just does...it's a weird ratio

Any 16:9 ratios will look really bad (imo) on a 16:10 panel (this doesn't count for content in 16:9 like 1080p films as they wont be rendered at full screen)

Nope, 16:10... wait, are you being sarcastic? :P

When I had the 7900gtx I would game at 1680x1050 if the game was too good, or even 1440x900 I think the other one was. You could always either set your monitor or your drivers to force aspect ratio so that you get the black lines on the sides and play in 5:4, but I dont like to do that :)

Edited by DarkArchon

walked into best buy today and they had the monitor for $549. Went to customer service with no receipt, gave them my credit card and got the difference back on my card. After my coupon, I ended up getting the monitor for a total of 483.99, not to shabby.

I just noticed that I would not have been able to use that 12% off coupon with the current price of the monitor, it would have expired. I guess I found a bug in their system.

Down with corporatism! raised-fist.gif