bs. Stacking

VooDooPC

We spent 60 plus hours in that server we play there five nights a week, and I think the 3 or 4 of us have been on the same team maybe 3 or 4 times. You know sometimes you just want to play with your friends. I’m terribly sorry if we made you mad or ruined your game experience

Edited by Reckless

Wow I'm at like lv 11... :(

I'm willing to bet 1/4 of the 55s you see in the server didn't get it by going from 1-55. There's an exploit out there where you can get to 55 easily... but this involves downloading multiplayer data from various websites out there.

It's more fun to make the long climb than to do that... takes the enjoyment of leveling and earning guns out of the game.

I know it has been more than 3 or 4 times because last night I played for 4 maps and you guys were on the same team for each of them, ending up in the top 3 or 4 for your team... the team that also ends up winning. That was just last night, I know I have seen it happen in the past. It's not about my game experience it's about the server itself. Have you noticed that at the end of a match where you blow out the other team a third of the losing team leaves?

Wow I'm at like lv 11... :(

I'm willing to bet 1/4 of the 55s you see in the server didn't get it by going from 1-55. There's an exploit out there where you can get to 55 easily... but this involves downloading multiplayer data from various websites out there.

It's more fun to make the long climb than to do that... takes the enjoyment of leveling and earning guns out of the game.

my team raced each other from 1-55 :P...took about 6 hours to get to 40 and then they quit :twitch:

I have no idea how they do it but I'll try and get them into gc's server sometime if they arent scrimming

Yeah... I've been playing only about 2 or 3 hours, and without hitscan weapons I'm a noob to be sure. Still having a lot of fun except for the ping.

Team stacking reminds me of playing on noob servers for UT 2k4. Pretty much whatever team you were on would win, even if they were up by 3 guys.

Yeah, the bs. guys are on our server a lot, so there's a good probability that every once in awhile, they'll end up on the same team. Just like sometimes we'll end up on the same team with a few other GC people.

I've never seen a bs. guy switch to the other team, and I watch specifically for team switchers. Nothing irks me more than someone switching to the winning/stacked team.

So with that in mind, I'd personally chalk this up to a case of unintentional stacking.

On a side note, I noticed the exact same problem on the GC UT2k4 server awhile back. I even posted a thread about it here - ask FlitterKill about it. :) It seemed like each time my team got steamrolled, there were almost all GC guys on one side. I thought it was stacking for sure. So I started keeping a tally of the times the teams were stacked vs the times they weren't. It turns out it was a low probability (something like 15% or so).

So my own perceived stacking in UT was only in my head.

I haven't been on the server as much as I should recently... but I really don't see the bs guys making the games stacked just because they're on the same side. However this has happened before, and I do agree that for people who really respect the GC rules and the environment, auto assign is preferable. Reckless I am not accusing you guys of anything... but if you guys could auto instead of go on the same side that would be awesome.

P.S. There is nothing wrong with playing on the same team... however I personally don't see what's wrong with playing the same game if you're on different sides... I guess I've just never seen it that way.

Edited by Allanon

I don't think they stack.

Shaftiel

I didn't imply that they tip the balance of the game... but seeing as how we don't have a lot of other people evening the teams... I think it would be a good idea to use auto assign... that's not a requirement nor would I look down upon anyone for wanting to play on the same team as their friend... it's just sometimes you gotta go to the other team to even it up.

I like playing with you guys but being on the same team map after map and owning Joe Pub and his friends on the other team takes the fun out playing for either side. If people are on your team there is no challenge and if people aren't on your team they get frustrated and leave. It's fine if you are autoing and end up on the same team but it's clear too me that you guys are not doing that.

It's fine if you are autoing and end up on the same team but it's clear too me that you guys are not doing that.

What helped for me is keeping a tally. Have two columns: 1 for each game the teams are stacked, and 1 for each game the teams are not stacked. I know it sounds silly, but see how it works out for ya.

Also, I think I know one of the maps where the teams were really unbalanced... I think about half the team was 0-10 or 0-12 (myself included). Usually when I'm getting rocked in a game, I'll leave for a bit. I just chalk it up to me having an "off game" or an "off night", not team stacking.

It's fine if you are autoing and end up on the same team but it's clear too me that you guys are not doing that.

What helped for me is keeping a tally. Have two columns: 1 for each game the teams are stacked, and 1 for each game the teams are not stacked. I know it sounds silly, but see how it works out for ya.

Also, I think I know one of the maps where the teams were really unbalanced... I think about half the team was 0-10 or 0-12 (myself included). Usually when I'm getting rocked in a game, I'll leave for a bit. I just chalk it up to me having an "off game" or an "off night", not team stacking.

Yeah, I leave and then quietly go and built elaborate voodoo dolls representing those that wronged me so in the game. I then ritually torture and maim them. I use goats blood to make it seem more realistic.

Thats normal right?

Shaftiel

I usually assume it was their computer that outdid me, so I make VooDooPC's....then pour water on them.

Hey, I'm just glad to see our server getting used by people I know.

Reckless, are you seeing regulars? Do you utilize the reserves? How's the atmosphere? Is it a friendly place to play? Are people sharing tips and fun with each other, or is it blood business from start to finish? What's it like for people that are recognized?

I do see a lot of regulars, but the game is very fast paced and it’s hard to get people to stop and talk. I have been encouraging people to come to our forms and give us their opinions about the server but have yet to see the results, and I’m doing my best to encourage people to join our Vent.

Do you utilize the reserves? Yes

Atmosphere ? It is blood business from start to finish.