DVD+R vs DVD-R

dragonfly

I got my pastor a cheap dvd recorder that records with dvd-r to record the services at church... I was under the impression that both + and - were around still, and it just depended on what you wanted to have. Well he kept trying to get the +r to record in the -r recorder (I wasnt at church on sunday, so I couldnt tell him to not bother). Anyway, is -r being phased out or something? If not, i'll just get him some -r discs. If it is, i'll take the recorder back.

Thanks guys!

I got my pastor a cheap dvd recorder that records with dvd-r to record the services at church... I was under the impression that both + and - were around still, and it just depended on what you wanted to have. Well he kept trying to get the +r to record in the -r recorder (I wasnt at church on sunday, so I couldnt tell him to not bother). Anyway, is -r being phased out or something? If not, i'll just get him some -r discs. If it is, i'll take the recorder back.

Thanks guys!

as far as i've heard they're both co-existing. i wasn't aware of any -r only burners... what model did you get him?

Thanks guys!

Thats all I use is DVD-R as it is more widely readable in set top DVD players.

I dont remember what model I got him, but when I'm at the church I'll take a look. He said it wasn't recognizing the +r disc at all as even being a disc... who knows, he's technologically impaired anyway! :)

Thanks at least for pointing out that dvd-r isnt being phased out.

I've always had burners that did both, then bought whatever discs I happened to grab first. :shrug03:

I have a stack of DVD-R's on my desk at work, and a stack of DVD+R's at home. Neither of them are going anywhere, and I have absolutely no clue what the difference is anyway.