do you listen to music?

stutters

No, I buy cheap CD's and rip them and put them on my IPOD :D
if the cost of a digitial full album download were cheaper than cheap CD's, would you still go to cheapo? assume V0/cd-quality bitrate, drm free.

thanks for the feedback, guys :luxhello:

No, I buy cheap CD's and rip them and put them on my IPOD :D
if the cost of a digitial full album download were cheaper than cheap CD's, would you still go to cheapo? assume V0/cd-quality bitrate, drm free.

thanks for the feedback, guys :luxhello:

Aye, I would download digitally then; and my crawlspace (where I store our CD's) would thank me for it.

mine also o0o
what do you listen to, where are they from, and how do end up finding it (either to buy, or how did you hear about it in the first place)?

Dark - same to you: how do end up finding it (either to buy, or how did you hear about it in the first place)?

mine also o0o
what do you listen to, where are they from, and how do end up finding it (either to buy, or how did you hear about it in the first place)?

Dark - same to you: how do end up finding it (either to buy, or how did you hear about it in the first place)?

Look at Undies sig. That is all he listens to.

Shaftiel

My music is hard to find :(

Christian metal (that isn't stupid) is hard to come by.

PS to answer your question: no, the selection sucks for guys like me.

<side dialogue>

DarkAchone, you ever listen to any bands on the Tooth And Nail label? Ever heard of a group called Calibretto 13? A buddy of mine was the front man for them. They aren't metal though, more like punk but it's fun good music. Just wondering if you've ever heard of them.

</side dialogue>

sj: I usually find bands I like through bands that I'm already listening to. For example, I like Crimson Moonlight, so I'll look at their "thank you's" on their album, or links online for other band names that they like/are influenced by. Then I can find samples by finding the artist's home page, find out what label they're signed with, etc. Actually, myspace is great for this, cause you can listen (usually) to full-length songs by artists and see which cd they're from.

If they dont have a site or myspace, usually there's something about them on youtube where you can watch them live, plus there are related links on youtube. :D

dwEEziL: yeah, I've heard of them before. They've been around for a while, right? I have T&N Songs from the Penalty Box v2 (yes, very very old). It was actually through Tooth and Nail that I started looking at Solid State Records, which got me into Extol, Living Sacrifice, and then into the even heavier stuff like Crimson Moonlight and Slechtvalk. So in a short answer: "yes". :)

sj: I usually find bands I like through bands that I'm already listening to. For example, I like Crimson Moonlight, so I'll look at their "thank you's" on their album, or links online for other band names that they like/are influenced by.
you have no idea how helpful that is (srsly) - thanks!

if anyone has any other input, i'd appreciate it!

mine also o0o

i look at chinese websites (yesasia, malmusic) etc. to buy albums and ebay to buy second hand stuff. most of her stuff is not for print and therefore, no longer for sale

and shouldnt you know who i listen to? the one and only of course

and as i'm typing this, i'm listening to the album that is my avatar, "I am not Lonely"

mine also o0o

i look at chinese websites (yesasia, malmusic) etc. to buy albums and ebay to buy second hand stuff. most of her stuff is not for print and therefore, no longer for sale

and as i'm typing this, i'm listening to the album that is my avatar, "I am not Lonely"

I bet if you listen to that album you are lonely...

would you use this service:

http://amiestreet.com/

why or why not?

Meh...selection is pretty dry and mirrors that of other sites like Emusic.

I did some cross referencing and most of what Amie has Emusic has, Emusic offers 90 downloads at $19/month and to get that through Amie (same songs) at $0.36/song is over $32. Now, new songs and un-popular songs are free, so I guess if you check the site daily and download songs before everyone else you can get them for free...but still their selection isn't a 1/4 of what Emusic's is and they don't seem to have anything unique.

Right now I'm kind of stuck for good music sites. What is great but I really need to get all my vinyl ripped so I can upload it and not get banned from the service (along with the person who invited me :freak: ).

I also use a site called http://www.djmr.com/ and one called http://www.releaserecords.com/ which are basically vinyl shops that now rip and sell the MP3s, however they charge at least $1.99/track and have no subscription offers. Still it's much cheaper than buying the actual vinyl for $16.99-$29.99/track.

I buy my music from

pirate-thumb3-B.jpg

300px-Bay_of_Bengal_map.png

Does anyone know how the music labels work now?? I'm not fully convinced the artist's are still even getting a share of the cd sales. I wouldn't be suprised if the labels are now paying artist a flat fee to make the album and that's it.

GC Alumni
I did some cross referencing and most of what Amie has Emusic has, Emusic offers 90 downloads at $19/month and to get that through Amie (same songs) at $0.36/song is over $32. Now, new songs and un-popular songs are free, so I guess if you check the site daily and download songs before everyone else you can get them for free...but still their selection isn't a 1/4 of what Emusic's is and they don't seem to have anything unique.
nice analysis - and i guess my follow up to you is would you use a subscription service that offered unlimited downloads, or is the bottom line it has to be free?

btw, nofx, if you're really leaning on TPB for music, you're doing yourself a disservice. send me a PM - i can help :)

Edited by sj

mine also o0o

I bet if you listen to that album you are lonely...

well, when i listen to Inquisitive Woman, it does not mean i turn into an Inquisitive Woman...