Week #3

DNA

I wanted to start posting up something we can all add to each week so no one topic gets toooo long.

It was a rough start to the week after Fridays weight-in...went to a festival and had a little extra yummie...

I did get right back to things come Monday with the diet and the workout. I have been doing the oatmeal every morning and really am starting to like it :)

I have been doing the fish and veggies thing for dinner mostly and really like the cod I get from costco.

We need to keep everyone going here and get each other to the end. KEEP IT GUYS!!!

Today is the first day I'm actually attempting to cut out my portions. I seem to have hit a wall at 270lbs and I don't like that.

For breakfast I had a banana and a breakfast sandwich from my work cafeteria (Texas toast, 1 egg, bacon and cheese). Not the healthiest but not the worst I could eat either.

I only truly realized that portion control is important on Monday when I brought my salad to be weighed at the cash register in the cafeteria and the girl at the counter actually said "whoa". It was a big salad.

This weekend was bad. I'm just hoping I burned off most of the calories chasing flags on the ice. Our ice chef, uses alot of butter. BUT it's sooo worth it, trust me. Back on track yesterday and today, muffins for breakfast, smoothy 70 cal shake for snack, lean cuisine for lunch, and an good dinner. I'm planning on weight loss this week.

Doing and feeling good. Been on the bike and/or elliptical every night this week. Started a little of the resistance training, couple sets of pushups, situps, leglifts, etc between 15 min runs on the elliptical. Halfway through my 45 minute bike ride last night (while watching biggest loser on TV) I heard a snap and then my whole bedroom shook. I jumped off the bike, grabbed my flashlight and ran outside. A limb from a tree about 6"+ in diameter fell out of the tree next to the driveway. Looks like it bounced off the roof of my bedroom, then rolled over and rested on the side of our van. (Van wasn't in the garage due to some remodeling going on and about 30 contractor trash bags in the garage, doh). Long story short, Van checked out ok, roof still intact, just kinda freaked me out!!!!

Oh, and I'm -1 notch on the belt now!!!! Woohooo!!! Told the wife if this continues we're going to have to go shopping, pants are bunching up at the waste, nice feeling!!!!

DNA
Doing and feeling good. Been on the bike and/or elliptical every night this week. Started a little of the resistance training, couple sets of pushups, situps, leglifts, etc between 15 min runs on the elliptical. Halfway through my 45 minute bike ride last night (while watching biggest loser on TV) I heard a snap and then my whole bedroom shook. I jumped off the bike, grabbed my flashlight and ran outside. A limb from a tree about 6"+ in diameter fell out of the tree next to the driveway. Looks like it bounced off the roof of my bedroom, then rolled over and rested on the side of our van. (Van wasn't in the garage due to some remodeling going on and about 30 contractor trash bags in the garage, doh). Long story short, Van checked out ok, roof still intact, just kinda freaked me out!!!!

Oh, and I'm -1 notch on the belt now!!!! Woohooo!!! Told the wife if this continues we're going to have to go shopping, pants are bunching up at the waste, nice feeling!!!!

Holy crap....did you leave brown streaks from the bike sit to the window..I KNOW WOULD HAVE!!

Glad everything is okay, I have had that happen kinda here with a cactus but NOT NEARLY the same thing...still scared me.

I was meaning to start a topic like this...thank you, DNA.

While I had a decent weigh-in in California, getting back from travelling has its toll.....missed platform tennis this week. Ran 3 miles tonight...and the diet has been going well. I really have to stop weighing myself on a daily basis and just trust that the change in diet is going to have an effect. I'm still hopeful to drop a pound or two this week....two pounds being my weekly goal...but I'll have to be content if it's just one. Who knows, maybe it'll be three.....

Hitting the weights a couple or three times a week has helped me a bunch....brings back the general tightness of the upper body which is a pleasing feel / look.

Gonna have to pick it up, it seems. Bub is still going full steam (good work!). Now I'll just have to convince him to donate his winnings to RFKC if he goes all the way. (I gotta look up who pledged money to a charity....have him save it for the RFKC golf outing fund-raiser that we'll do in a couple months)

I've been doing soup and veggies every lunch (well, today I took Salmon with me). I'm toying with the idea of having a healthy meal at the end of the school day, which is a couple hours before lunch. Did that today so as to lessen my hunger at dinner time. Yesterday I was so hungry that I ate too much (all decent food, but just too much). I was reminded that my stomach has done some shrinking.....I honestly thought for a second about how hard it would be to yack up some of it...but then remembered that there's a name for people that do that.

Did you guys watch TBL last night? Brutal with the snack machine.....just brutal.

DNA
I was meaning to start a topic like this...thank you, DNA.

While I had a decent weigh-in in California, getting back from travelling has its toll.....missed platform tennis this week. Ran 3 miles tonight...and the diet has been going well. I really have to stop weighing myself on a daily basis and just trust that the change in diet is going to have an effect. I'm still hopeful to drop a pound or two this week....two pounds being my weekly goal...but I'll have to be content if it's just one. Who knows, maybe it'll be three.....

Hitting the weights a couple or three times a week has helped me a bunch....brings back the general tightness of the upper body which is a pleasing feel / look.

Gonna have to pick it up, it seems. Bub is still going full steam (good work!). Now I'll just have to convince him to donate his winnings to RFKC if he goes all the way. (I gotta look up who pledged money to a charity....have him save it for the RFKC golf outing fund-raiser that we'll do in a couple months)

I've been doing soup and veggies every lunch (well, today I took Salmon with me). I'm toying with the idea of having a healthy meal at the end of the school day, which is a couple hours before lunch. Did that today so as to lessen my hunger at dinner time. Yesterday I was so hungry that I ate too much (all decent food, but just too much). I was reminded that my stomach has done some shrinking.....I honestly thought for a second about how hard it would be to yack up some of it...but then remembered that there's a name for people that do that.

Did you guys watch TBL last night? Brutal with the snack machine.....just brutal.

Ha I never really watch TBL but it was on yesterday night while I was on the treadmill and saw that with the snack machine...sooo messed up.

I am glad we all seem to be sticking with things, I know that I was told the first thing to do is to hide the scale all week long (fatty), that the damage it can do by checking everyday is intense.

Lets keep it up and push it out...FRIDAY....push it out...FRIDAY...

(edited)

I have a confession,

Tuesday: DIDN'T work out.

Wednesday: ate applebees nacho plater by myself.

Thursday: ate 1 pound burger with fries and buns at my fathers birthday party. AND didn't work out.

Saturday: ate applebees nacho plater by myself.

Sunday: not able to work out because of company.

I feel so weighed down. It feels like my blood is pumping sludge. :(

Edited by TheGeek

DNA

*grabs Geek and leads him out to the workout shed in the back woods*

*muffled screams heard from the woods later that night*

That is one way to lose some weight..:)

One week is nothing to worry to much about as long as you get right back on it...you body will adjust and no store the extra cals if you keep up the exercise right away.