COD4 Weapons...

[LaW]Maverick

Q: Why do I always die when I'm on a stationary weapon?

* You're an easy target. Try not to stay on a stationary weapon for too long, unless you have a death wish.[4]

* It'd also help to place some claymores, if you plan on staying on a mounted weapon for a long time. It prevents people from sneaking up on you. [5]

Kids and their questions these days.. What happened to common sense. :(

That is an interesting site though.. =]

So, according to this the Dragunov does the same amount of damage as the .50 Barret? Using the G3 to shoot someone in the head without stopping power will do as much damage as shooting them anywhere on their body with stopping power? With stopping power all the pistols do the same amount of damage?

I find some of this hard to believe.

So, according to this the Dragunov does the same amount of damage as the .50 Barret? Using the G3 to shoot someone in the head without stopping power will do as much damage as shooting them anywhere on their body with stopping power? With stopping power all the pistols do the same amount of damage?

I find some of this hard to believe.

well, you gotta look at the range of the weapon. Different pistols have different ranges and I would guess that depending on how far your target is from the maximum range, it will calculate the damange.

example

Desert eagle and the m9 can both do 56 damage with stopping power. However shooting someone at 500 yards with the deagle with deal alot more damage than the m9 because the M9's maximum range is 500 yards while the deagles is 1200.

(edited)
If I shoot someone at 499 yards with the Desert Eagle will it do the same amount of damage as 499 yards of the M9 because they are both in their own pistols range does it fall off depending on range?

I think the damage dealt is lower as you get near the minimum range. The deagle at 499 yards is much closer to it's maximum than it's minimum, while the m9 is at it's minimum. I would guess that the deagle would be about double the amount of damage dealt. But within 250 yards.. both pistols could possibly deal the same amount of damage.

Edited by NOFX

skorpion with silencer is same damage and range as an m4, but faster fire rate

all this stuff was figured out in the competitive scene, and the standard guns are m4/ak, the first sniper rifle (the r700 is the only one allowed, no semi autos), and the ak-74u/mp5 ....those work out the best after the p90 got hit with the nerf bat in PAM

the g36c shoots as strong as an m4, just slower, no reason to use it

ak74 is easier to control while youre ironsighted than an mp5, but most spec ops in competitive play just flail around without sighting, so thats just personal preference

Sounds like two good combos, Windex! :) So do you play on our COD4 server? If so, what name do you use?

And I tried out the skorpion last night... new favorite weapon. I used to run into problems taking down people with the juggernaut perk, but not anymore!

(edited)

Nope I play 360 version :) More of my local friends get on and play that, i wish they would find a way to merge them all :(

The G3 m16*combo is more for my hardcore matches.. it really makes you unstoppable, scoped G3 for those long shots, red dot m16 for the close/mid range.. Mmmm

add some Dead Silence (best perk EVER for hardcore)

Edited by Windex

Ahh, no wonder... it's a CS thing. :) How do you get new weapons? Is it after a certain # of kills? Amount of time? Something else?

there is various versions, one is where your gun switches in the same round as you get a kill with it. another version is where you get your next gun the following round after a kill of course. some versions have knife pro meaning if you knife someone you level up and the other person levels down except on nade lvl. one other version is reverse, meaning you start at awp or whatever gun the mod starts at and work your way down to pistols. simply put theres alot of different versions out there.

Reverse death match is the best one, no doubt about it. It's the fastest version and players who are really good can show off their skillz by killing people that have the AK47 with a Glock. I see no skill in killing someone with an AK47 when they have a Glock. We know the AK is better than the Glock, lets just give the player who is already more skillful an AK and the newbies a Glock so we can pummel them even more. It's dumb. :)