Soda is the devil!

Playaa

I once cut soda from my diet. Cut it cold turkey (though after I got it out of my system I occasionally would have a soda here or there). Lost exactly 20 lbs in a short time doing nothing else but cutting soda.

Not only that, I had a noticeable difference in general "well-being"...I just felt better all around. Since cutting soda also cut caffiene from my system (not completely but still a big chunk) I slept better at night, I woke up better and overall I just felt healthier.

This was about 6 months ago.

Recently I was shopping and came across some cheap 6-packs of IBC Root Beer and Cream Soda. I LOVE IBC in a glass bottle. I picked up a couple and have been drinking them this week.

Let me tell you...I suddenly remember why I was glad when I quit soda.

I feel bloated, and tired, and just all around not healthy. I know my body enough to tell you that it is absolutely the 2 6-packs I've had in the last 6 days that have done this to me. There is enough of a change in me that people at work have been asking me if I'm sick. I am definitely not sick, I just feel crappier all around.

Not only do I feel crappier...I've also gained 3 lbs even though I've done more running this week than any 2 weeks combined (which still isn't much to be honest).

This is a public service announcement to save you all.

STOP DRINKING SODA! (even the diet stuff!)

That is all.

I feel bloated, and tired, and just all around not healthy. I know my body enough to tell you that it is absolutely the 2 6-packs I've had in the last 6 days that have done this to me. There is enough of a change in me that people at work have been asking me if I'm sick. I am definitely not sick, I just feel crappier all around.

Not only do I feel crappier...I've also gained 3 lbs even though I've done more running this week than any 2 weeks combined (which still isn't much to be honest).

Are you sure you're not on the period? Sounds like the symptoms for it. :twitch:

But, seriously... I've quit drinking soda regularly, about 2 years ago. I can't say I lost weight, but I feel healthier over all. I do drink a Coke, here and there when I have a burger or pizza (when I can't drink beer).

Do you get large amounts of sugar from other foods/beverages?

When I cut soda out of my diet, I didn't notice much of a change either (like shoot). But when I have soda now (or lots of sugar from peeps or something else), it takes about 20 minutes before I crash... HARD.

Maybe it's along the same lines as what you're feeling...

DNA
(edited)

Have had nothing but water for 3 weeks, but it has been hard. So I have found the packets of Crystal Light that you put in the water bottles for some flavor..GREAT. Only 5 cals and gives me the little taste of something different that I was missing from not drinking the soda.

Unclean: Yes some foods do have a lot of sugar and will cause u to crash, you need to always look on the back and anything over 15g; RUN away. Soda has around 23g, but remeber you will tend to eat more servings of food then soda(maybe).

I love that you all are tring so hard. I am proud of myself and each of you for try to make this change.

Keep it up.

Like JFK said:

The stories of past courage... can offer hope, they can provide inspiration. But they cannot supply courage itself. For this each man must look into his own soul.

Edited by DNA

(when I can't drink beer).

Who, in their right mind, would ever put themselves in a position like this?

When I have to act like a responsible adult (which is hard to do)... I just wanna take that keg and suck the life out of it.

Yeah, if you wanna have fun sometime, get a small food scale ..... great think to have anyway if your measuring what you eat ...... and just measure out the 77.5 grams of sugar thats in a 20 oz Mountain Dew. Trust me, you'll laugh.

BTW, Calorie King is great whether your tracking calories, fat, sodium, protein, fiber, or any combination of those.

(when I can't drink beer).

Who, in their right mind, would ever put themselves in a position like this?

When I have to act like a responsible adult (which is hard to do)... I just wanna take that keg and suck the life out of it.

Dood!!! Even Chucky Cheese sells beer now!!!

I used to go through 12 packs of diet coke like they were water. It was nothing for me to down 6 to 10 cans of them while on the computer on a Saturday night gaming. I think I have had 1 a week since we started this thing. I started getting the Crystal Light powder like DNA was talking except I just mix a big thing of it and keep it in the fridge. I go through close to a while thing of it in one day, but its total like 40 calories and its tastier than just water. My favorites are Peach Tea, Green Tea with Citrus, and Green Tea with Rasberry..... Yum to the my.