Fast Weapon Reloading - Exploit?

Unclean

Last night I saw someone reload a pistol mighty fast, but they didn't have the fast reload perk. So I did a little research and found out there's a way to reload faster.

Would you guys consider this an exploit? Think this is a kickable offense?

What is a "fast reload perk"?

Unclean, I'd say, if this same "fast reload" that you saw is possible on a freshly downloaded copy of Steam, then it should be allowed. If it's a bug, Steam should eventually get to it but as it is, it's still available to anyone so it's not really "an advantage" just because others don't choose to use it. Now if it turns out that something else he installed has caused this (either an intentional hack or an unintentional side-effect of new skins or what not) then he needs to be spoken to about it and then kicked if choose to continue using it.

I think the perk is called "sleight of hand". I'm personally against it too... it seems like it's going against the game dynamic (reload speed should be the same for everyone).

So this should be a warn/kick offense to me.

How does one acquire this "perk"? Is it a mod put on the server, granted only to specific people? Sorry, haven't really played CS in a while and when I was playing it hardcore, the most "scripting" I did was a buy script.

(edited)

Dweezil, this is Call of Duty 4, not Counter-Strike: Source. A perk is like a bonus you can have, you can have three at a time and they all do different stuff. There's one for more damage, shooting through thicker walls, carrying more ammo and a bunch others. One of them is a perk that lets you reload your weapons faster, using the exploit to reload your weapons faster without the perk makes the perk useless and I think it makes the game unbalanced.

Edit: This actually reminds me of the quick switching between the AWP and the Desert Eagle in CS to skip the bolt animation back in the day.

Edited by VooDooPC

From the looks of it, it could be done on accident. And if one was to use it all the time..to me they would be wasting ammo or using a LMG. One reason why I like Hardcore..you don't even see how much ammo you have left. It would be harder to use the exploit.

The one that should be a "Kick" would be the pipes.

Its exactly it, as the dude says on the video, you check the lower right corner to see when the bullets are back, when theyre back you can skip the.. well idk how to say it really its kinda like the bolt recharging of a gun, most guns have that. ie: The ak when finished needs to "recharge" the clip on the side of the gun

I think the perk is called "sleight of hand". I'm personally against it too... it seems like it's going against the game dynamic (reload speed should be the same for everyone).

So this should be a warn/kick offense to me.

Why?

Reload speed should not be same for everyone, just like other perks are not. UAV, dead silence, etc...these are hard to earn perks, like sights etc...and should be allowed.

Besides, in R/L some people with more experience reload much faster than others.

NOW, if players are exploiting a glitch and getting fast reload without the perk, then I'd say that is kickable offense.

It seems that besides the slight of hand perk, yes using the reload exploit should be kick/bannable offense. Then it's just a matter of being able to tell when someone does it and prove that they did it, which seems a little far fetched to me...like kicking bunny hoppers in CS :shrug03:

Why?

Reload speed should not be same for everyone, just like other perks are not. UAV, dead silence, etc...these are hard to earn perks, like sights etc...and should be allowed.

Besides, in R/L some people with more experience reload much faster than others.

NOW, if players are exploiting a glitch and getting fast reload without the perk, then I'd say that is kickable offense.

It's the latter scenario... people are using a glitch without using the perk. So it's like they get an extra perk.

• 4 weeks later...

sorry to start this whole thing back up but as a seasoned cod player from the start to present day this move is called the "switch" when you reload then switch weapons really fast like ak, to pistol, to ak so he doesnt do the "recharge" this in the game makes it seem like the guy is reloading faster but it is very minor, it seems like it is a lot but its not