Guild Wars

Allanon

Enjoy the game. :) I wish I had more time to play right now, but too many things going on. Lord Wolfsblood is my main toon, Samhain The Voivod is another, lvl 20's. Have 7-8 characters. I loved the Prophesies campaign. IMO the best designed of the 4. Factions was very good as well, but a lot tougher to understand the map once you got into the main town on the mainland. Hated Nightfall, and didn't get a chance to get very far in Eye of the North.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOoohh, I love my assassin. :) I were good. Just ask Samurai. ;) Heh, the only toon I beat Factions with was my assassin, and when the PUG I was in beat it, it was because I was dealing out the most damage. I also got to be quite good at keeping myself alive w/o relying on monks nearly as much. This sometimes caused problems, as the times I did die, the party was usually wiped out within seconds because the rest of them couldn't do the damage I was, or the interrupts as frequently. Nightfall: :yuck:

I understand why they made the towns "You can't enter here, you haven't completed task x, or are not level y", but that doesn't mean I have to like it. Even though Prophesies had a (somewhat bizarre) storyline, and you were progressed from place to place via the storyline missions, I loved the fact that it felt more free form in that you could literally walk to (almost) every town in the game. The rest of them don't have that freedon, and I blame PvP. Punx would get runs to places like Droks to buy armour that lower lvl characters couldn't hope to penetrate, then hang out in the lower lvl arenas owning the regular folk.

Anyway, still wish I had the time to play with you guys. :( I miss the days where we had 8-10 or more people in our GO teamspeak server, and people helping people run missions, or quests. But mostly I miss the laughter.

*goes back to being a tired old man :(*

i had more fun back with the GO guild than i ever did playing GW. I miss that so much, and wish we could get something like that going again. And yes, wolf was pretty sweet with the assassin, but im not too shaby myself i dont think :P they require a different playing style, and some getting used to. But anyways im in Yaks bend now with my necro, just a matter of getting on the same time as everyone else now! if any of u are up late one night, give me a holler.

I was on last night with Bushwack - as far as Beacon's Perch now.

And yeah, you GO guys were the main reason I was so into GW. I think part of the reason why I stopped playing is because things changed so radically in the guild... people leaving (Tytan Dan, his buddy (James?), Leaky, Witchie, etc) and the merge was weird to me. Oh, and I wasn't too keen on the Factions PvE... not like Prophecies and Nightfall.

Think we could start putting together a guild?

on a side note..I would like for us to start a guild if possible. I know some of us can't join it do to being involved already. No worries there...but I would like to enjoy the game even more without getting invites every time I hit a town to join a guild.

(edited)
I'll start one up - hope that's cool with you guys. It'll be GC, and I'll start sending invites out.

Allanon, think we can get an alliance with your guild?

Sure we're up to 7 or 8 right now but I know there's room for another... of course you'd had to have forums, a hall, etc. but after this hopefully they will accept. The lead guild's website is www.maturegaming.net ... and they're a really cool group of people.

Also I think it would be easier to have a seperate forum for GW, so we could have a PvP section, PvE section, etc.

Edited by Allanon

So Unclean, Gamers Coalition [GC]? Or The Gamers Coalition [TGC/GC]?

First one. Just created the guild last night, and took a peek at a few of the halls. They seem like fun, but I don't think we'd use them for GvG or anything.

Hey, is there any way for people within a guild to "spar" in a pvp way?

So Unclean, Gamers Coalition [GC]? Or The Gamers Coalition [TGC/GC]?

First one. Just created the guild last night, and took a peek at a few of the halls. They seem like fun, but I don't think we'd use them for GvG or anything.

Hey, is there any way for people within a guild to "spar" in a pvp way?

Don't think there is.