Wii games advice for 10yr old girl

bushwack

Shhh I know what you were thinking :prplwacko: We managed to pick up a Wii for my daughters birthday in May. It was the first time i ever seen a Wii still in the box for sale in retail do I had to buy it. Now I need some games to get her but I have no idea what is good for the system I have still yet to play one.

The facts: She's turning 10. She likes puzzle type games, like the ones you find in the stupid web games section of the forums. I'm gonna get another wiimote so what about the multiplayer games?

Also anybody have any games for sale that she might like?

mario galaxy

mario paper

I figure on Galaxy but what about some girly stuff like Bratz and Hannah Montana? I figure the games will be utter garbage but you know thats what she wants. <--- anyone own any of these games? Also any good 2 player games?

mario galaxymario paper
I figure on Galaxy but what about some girly stuff like Bratz and Hannah Montana? I figure the games will be utter garbage but you know thats what she wants. you'll have to wait for princess anonymo to wake up before you're going to get that answered.

Shhh I know what you were thinking :prplwacko: We managed to pick up a Wii for my daughters birthday in May. It was the first time i ever seen a Wii still in the box for sale in retail do I had to buy it. Now I need some games to get her but I have no idea what is good for the system I have still yet to play one.

The facts: She's turning 10. She likes puzzle type games, like the ones you find in the stupid web games section of the forums. I'm gonna get another wiimote so what about the multiplayer games?

Also anybody have any games for sale that she might like?

super mario galaxy & super paper mario are both good choices. those both are good games for all ages (even 10yr old girls lol). i own them both so you can take my word on that.

As far as you getting a 2nd Wii-mote, buy Wii-Play instead. It costs $50 and comes with a Wii-mote rather than $40 (price of a Wii-mote alone), but it comes with some 10 or so minigames kind of like Wii-Sports.

The best multiplayer game for the Wii now is Super Smash Bros: Brawl, but I doubt a 10yr old girl would enjoy that game. It's more of a game for yourself if you plan on using that Wii!

Resident Evil 4.

Done and done.

ok, in all seriousness the stuff being suggested above are all solid choices. I have not played a Wii myself but I know the mini-games are enough to be entertaining for quite a while with the younger crowd.

Raving Rabbids! In #2 you get the mix and match costumes you unlock for the characters. Plus it's a game filled with mini games.Wario Ware: Smooth Moves ... it's fun, it's random... I makes you can make your friends play it and then laff at them but I was over it in a few weeks.oh yeah there's a "My Sim" game for wii... I'm sure you're girl would like that too.

Thanks all! Galaxy, Paper Mario, Smooth Moves and the Wii-play looks like the games to go with. I picked up the Link's Crossbow Training game for my son aleady so he will not tell her she got the Wii, or the crossbow game goes back! MuHAhaahaha!

(edited)
Thanks all! Galaxy, Paper Mario, Smooth Moves and the Wii-play looks like the games to go with. I picked up the Link's Crossbow Training game for my son aleady so he will not tell her she got the Wii, or the crossbow game goes back! MuHAhaahaha!

What just happened?

Edited by bushwack

What just happened?

you quoted yourself? :stretch:

What just happened?

You sure you have kids?

(edited)
Raving Rabbids! In #2 you get the mix and match costumes you unlock for the characters. Plus it's a game filled with mini games.Wario Ware: Smooth Moves ... it's fun, it's random... I makes you can make your friends play it and then laff at them but I was over it in a few weeks.oh yeah there's a "My Sim" game for wii... I'm sure you're girl would like that too.

Raving Rabbids is awsome. Even the first one(should be able to get them cheap). My kids love the game. I think it's fun too.

You know those times that I don't play CSS for a week at a time? I'm playing these console games B)

Edited by shoot

mario galaxymario paper
I figure on Galaxy but what about some girly stuff like Bratz and Hannah Montana? I figure the games will be utter garbage but you know thats what she wants. <--- anyone own any of these games? Also any good 2 player games?
you'll have to wait for princess anonymo to wake up before you're going to get that answered.

I'm not even sure but somehow I saw this coming...maybe because I worked on an event at my hotel for Hanna Montana and it seemed that all the girls there were having a blast playing it...wouldn't even let me turn it off so I could raise the plasma they were playing on.

My co-worker was like "just turn it off" and I responded "but they haven't saved at all"...boy I got a weird look for that one.

mario galaxymario paper
you'll have to wait for princess anonymo to wake up before you're going to get that answered.

I'm not even sure but somehow I saw this coming...maybe because I worked on an event at my hotel for Hanna Montana and it seemed that all the girls there were having a blast playing it...wouldn't even let me turn it off so I could raise the plasma they were playing on.

My co-worker was like "just turn it off" and I responded "but they haven't saved at all"...boy I got a weird look for that one.

I like the last line, hehe.

• 4 weeks later...

We still haven't played ours yet, waiting till her birthday on May 5th, not too much longer w00t!

So far we got her Wii play (with controller), Mario Galaxy and Zelda's Crossbow but can't find Wario Smooth Moves. We'll prolly get Paper Mario and be done I guess, I'm not used to buying $50 games (i'm a cheap PC gamer). I also picked up 2 spare batteries/charger kit and a component cable. I'd love to buy more games but after I buy one more game the total bill will hit the $500 mark and that's enuff for me.

Mario Kart Wii came out today. That's defiantly a family friendly and fun multi-player game. Plus it comes with a "free steering wheel," which I'm sure the kids would love. (I prefer the GameCube controller). Even though I suggested Paper Mario earlier, I'd honestly get this game over Paper Mario just because of the replay value. Once you beat Paper Mario, there's no need to keep playing, but Mario Kart is the type of game that can be picked up to play anytime. Plus, I remember you were looking for a good and easy multi-player game. Look no further than Mario Kart.

• 2 weeks later...

She ended up getting Wii Play, Super Mario Kart, Super Mario Galaxy, Elebits and the Zelda Crossbow game. She has put in the most time in Galaxy and Mario kart second.

I wish Netflix was compatible with the Opera browser, that would be so awesome!