Good deal or not?

DNA

I would say that if you're upgrading from something really slow like a 3400+ 1.8Ghz and everything else in your PC is maxed out already then it might be a good upgrade for the price. Otherwise I see no reason to upgrade if you don't think you'll see a vast improvement. Better to save that $50 for a new build or even partial build to get off AM2.

DNA

Well I needed an AM2 cpu for the new build because all i had was a 939 cpu. So I ended up getting the Gigabyte 780g motherboard (sweat, with new on-board HD graphics), and a 4400+ cpu for $55 (will save for a phenom later in the year), and tossed in 2 gigs of PC6400 for $30.

I put everything into one of the new Microfly MX6 boxes w/ 600w's for $120(very nice), but I am sad it does not have the cool handle like the other models, but a very nice case none the less.

I will be bring this comp to FF (now that sj little joke is over), does anyone know if you can take them on the plan or do they have to be checked?? I know laptops have to be turned on so I am not sure what the TSA would say about it. I would rather not have to put it in checked, or ship it to fatty if I had to...

I would say that if you're upgrading from something really slow like a 3400+ 1.8Ghz and everything else in your PC is maxed out already then it might be a good upgrade for the price. Otherwise I see no reason to upgrade if you don't think you'll see a vast improvement. Better to save that $50 for a new build or even partial build to get off AM2.

Not bad if your using a pent4 or a older athlon XP and they let you have it for $40. My old 3800+ i had pushed up to 2.4 and it scored 8800 at 3dmark2006 with a 8800GT. Played the orange box games great. Till it crashed and burned.

depends how big the case is but most micro atx cases appear to be about the same size as those carry-on checkers at the airport. if you try to take it as carry-on though they will definitely pull you aside and have you power it up and they will want to look all through it.

DNA
depends how big the case is but most micro atx cases appear to be about the same size as those carry-on checkers at the airport. if you try to take it as carry-on though they will definitely pull you aside and have you power it up and they will want to look all through it.

So exciting...:)

<hears the snap of latex>