Why the Mac and Apple will always be at the bottom

ZeroDamage

Sorry, I didn't make it clear. I wasn't saying that you were being silly with him, only saying that it isn't uncommon for someone working on a tech help line to treat people poorly...mostly because the majority of people they deal with are idiots so they start assuming that everyone they deal with is an idiot.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, I didn't make it clear. I wasn't saying that you were being silly with him, only saying that it isn't uncommon for someone working on a tech help line to treat people poorly...mostly because the majority of people they deal with are idiots so they start assuming that everyone they deal with is an idiot.

Which goes back to my original complaint with Apple on this issue. It isn't so much that I think they are misleading people with their advertisement for the refurb iphone but the tinkle poor attitude I received from their SALES department. It's almost as if they did NOT want me as a customer.

(edited)

I got a letter from Cox today... It said that I can add digital cable right now for only $3.95 a month. I was like sweet... I called them and found out

a. You have to be a current standard cable subscriber

b. You have to sign up for a year

c. You also have to pay $5.50 a month of the box, which they make you take, regardless if you have a digital tuner or not on your TV.

So their 4 dollar a month deal turned out to be about $70 bucks a month... But you know it's not 1950 anymore. Company's aren't locally based and they don't care about customer satisfaction anymore. They care about making it shiny, saying whatever they can to get your attention, advertisement and dollar signs.

I wonder what percentage of the price I pay for product X goes toward the advertisement cost that the company paid? Probably like 30%.. I've had a rule I've followed for a while, If someone is trying to sell me something, regardless of whether I need it or not, I won't buy simply for the fact they are trying to sell it to me.

As far as this thread goes, take them to court for false advertisement, if you are truly correct you will win. The best bet would be to take them to civil court on your own. The majority of the time, Large companies forget or don't not even bother with such a small suit trivial problems as civil suits and default judgment will go to yourself.

Edited by NOFX

The last thing I would do is waste my time on such a lawsuit. As irritating as it all is, it is not worth that at all.

The last thing I would do is waste my time arguing with people on the internet about being treated unfaily by a person making 10 dollars an hour that gets yelled at on a hourly basis.

The last thing I would do is waste my time on such a lawsuit. As irritating as it all is, it is not worth that at all.

The last thing I would do is waste my time arguing with people on the internet about being treated unfaily by a person making 10 dollars an hour that gets yelled at on a hourly basis.

Except you just did M2.

you fail.

Why?

ZD,

I've just read through the posts above and from what I can see you made the first "let me tell you how this works" comment to shoot, which to me sounds like a parent addressing a child rather than a reasoned discussion, go back and re-read your blog post, are you sure you didn't want it to become an argument? You're not the only person who doesn't appreciate being addressed in a condescending manner.

You say to shoot that you're not interested in arguing semantics, but isn't that exactly what you were doing with the Apple rep.?

If you had a bad experience with the rep, don't buy the product, that's your choice (the number of home furnishing stores I've walked out of because of "hovering" sales people is well into 3 figures), but to say that shoot just wanted to argue with you on your blog/rant isn't exactly fair based on who from what I can see above fired off the first insult.

He stated that the original price was $599, which it was, I don't think anyone will argue that the original price for an iPhone was $599. The new price today, may well be $399, but that is not the original price.

False advertising or a lie, no, questionable ethically, yes.

As has been said before, this isn't an uncommon practise, and while it may be borderline unethical, it doesn't actually show it as inaccurate.

Lev

One time, I defended ZD to people who thought he enjoyed causing trouble and arguing with everyone on the internet. I was so silly back then.

ZD...the fact that you actually can't see that you are describing yourself perfectly with that post on Type Crisis is rather hilarious to me.

One time, I defended ZD to people who thought he enjoyed causing trouble and arguing with everyone on the internet. I was so silly back then.

ZD...the fact that you actually can't see that you are describing yourself perfectly with that post on Type Crisis is rather hilarious to me.

Perhaps I should spend a few minutes and pull up the comments of poeple in the past 2 months who have insulted me or tried to embarass me in these forums with the .gc tag at the end of their name. Should I even bother is the question I am asking myself and the answer is no, it is not worth my time. Yet time and again I go out of my way and help those who ask me even if they were an asshat to me a day before.

go back and re-read your blog post

I do not need to; I wrote it. I think the almost normal insults towards me or the attempts to embarass me here make my point many times over. I'm not going to bother looking for the recent responses to my posts where I got nothing but that type of crap from a gc member here. I decided before I came back here that I wasn't going to concern myself with it. There are those people who post here that I like well enough that make it almost worth dealing with the garbage that comes along with it. There is this absurd level of hypocrisy in how people get treated by gc members yet the message relayed to everyone is to not act in that way. My blog post though is a general opinion of people on the internet and not necessarily just the people here. I just cannot imagine that some of the attitudes or actions of people here taking place in real life.

I said many posts up that I did not wish to argue semantics or in general. Shoot started right off with a condesending tone and ended it with the statement that my post has no merit to begin with. That started this whole thing. And it is here that I end it.

People like to argue (and generally are weenies)

By zerodamage. Filed in society |

TOP del.icio.us digg

I’ve noticed this in the past; people really like to argue over trivial things on the internet. Last week I wrote a post on my dealings with Apple when I tried to acquire a refurbished iPhone. There is a gaming related forum that I regularly visit but only in a discussion related capacity; I no longer game with these people on their servers (which is a separate discussion for another day). There have been some interesting discussions between some Apple fans and Windows fans. These discussions are typically interesting because it is a “gaming†community and Apple’s support for modern games is pretty much none existent.

My post there was a means to share my frustration with the Apple matter. All of the discussion was pretty much standard for a community that is pretty much civilized in comparison to the other similar communities I’ve visited in the past. However, there was this one member who continued to call me “naive†and pretty much insinuated that I am an idiot because the Apple site said the original price was $599 which was the original price back in July of 2007. While Apple may not necessarily be lying about the original price being $599, they are being less than truthful when they claim that you are saving 42% by buying the refurbished iPhone for $350 now. That would be true if the iPhone was still being sold at $599 but it isn’t being sold at that price any more. I’ve worked in retail in the past and keep up with consumerist issues all the time. What I do know is that selling something that is refurbished or used at almost the same price as it is brand new and fibbing the so-called savings by quoting a price from almost a year ago is false advertising in my opinion. You do not need to agree with me but I would hope that you would respect my point of view. Most people would rather argue with you for the sake of arguing.

This is the “internet age†where most anyone and everyone feels safe behind their computer screen. They feel as though they can argue and insult someone from afar without having to worry about being punched in the nose. Perhaps all computer monitors should be equipped with a mechanical fist so those on the other side will remember that doing the same thing in person would be quite antisocial and could result in a black eye.

you could of written up a nice lawsuit on false advertising by now

Very believable at how quickly you made my point. You would actually register there to continue arguing.

and you wouldnt? It was a blog entry completely about shoot.

he really didnt argue, he just gave everyone our link so they could judge for themselves.

Im going to digg your entry so we get more traffic woot!

Very believable at how quickly you made my point. You would actually register there to continue arguing.

he really didnt argue, he just gave everyone our link so they could judge for themselves.

Did I mention shoot by name? Nope.

Are you serious!!? :biglaugha:

(edited)

Are you serious!!? :biglaugha:

WHERE on my blog post did I say anything about this site or you? Come on, point it out shoot. You are the one drawing attention to yourself, not me. YOU were only the catalist that got me to thinking about people (like you) who enjoy arguing. Thanks for inspiring me though.

Edit: Actually, I am not going to pollute my blog with this crap. Do it somewhere else.

Edited by ZeroDamage

I digress... I think I've made my point several times over. It's getting old.

It got old when I said I did not want to argue semantics with you. Hopefully we can still be friends.

Why did you delete my reply on your blog with a link to this forum?

Didn't want other people to read this forum? I think I should have a say when you're trashing me like that on a different site.

I digress... I think I've made my point several times over. It's getting old.

It got old when I said I did not want to argue semantics with you. Hopefully we can still be friends.

Why did you delete my reply on your blog with a link to this forum?

Didn't want other people to read this forum? I think I should have a say when you're trashing me like that on a different site.

Like I said above, I am not going to polute my blog with this garbage or let anyone else do so. And I already asked you to tell me where on my blog that I mentioned you by name or referenced this forum directly.