My Hard drive is dying!

simkiller

For some reason when I shut down my computer and turn it back on it won't recognize my hard drive at all. What I have been doing is just leaving my pc running non-stop for about the last 6 months to avoid this problem.

Well the other day my temps started getting too high so I knew it was time to clean out the dust bunnies. But when I tried to turn it back on it wouldn't see my hdd no matter how many times i tried rebooting. I took it out and tried another pc and nothing. So I put it back in my original pc and tried and tried (with lots of prayers because of family pics and vids that I didn't want to lose) and the Lord made it work! Isn't he good.

So anyways it's on now and running and I went out and bought an external hdd and stored all my pics and movies on it but now am in the market of replacing my internal hdd. Could anyone recommend a decent one thats around 200 gig or less that runs well in your exp and is 100 dollars or less? Thanks for yer help!

Go ahead and get it. It's 7200.11 instead of the 7200.10 500GB m2 linked for you :P (though obviously smaller). Basically whatever you get will be just fine.

I have 2 250GB Wester Digitals in raid 0 and 1 500GB WD, all of which are just fine and dandy. I hear great things about Seagates too, and if you stick to WD or Seagate you can't really go wrong.

Edited by DarkArchon