GTAIV

anonymo

On that note...I really dislike the absence of your garage in this one...or am I missing something? As far as I can tell you just leave a car in the yellow space outside your apt to save it.

You know...every morning last week and this morning I tell myself I'm going to go home after work and be productive instead of play GTA all night long. I'm just about to leave work and can think of nothing more important to me right now than playing some GTA...for 5 hours...this is bad.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I just quit for the day after throwing my controller down in frustration, which I haven't done in a long time. I'm on this stupid missions where you have to chase a biker down on a bike of your own (you have to use the bike). It's a long chase and one screw-up is usually the end. I'm fine as long as the cars stay out of the way, but man, I swear they're pre-coded to change lanes when you're coming up behind them. I had two cabs literally collide into each other in the middle of the road as I tried to pass between - these things happen so fast, no amount of reflexes can save you. I quit after attempt #5. Man, this game is annoying.

On that note...I really dislike the absence of your garage in this one...or am I missing something? As far as I can tell you just leave a car in the yellow space outside your apt to save it.

I leave cars out there all the time and they always disappear!

I jammed two cars and a bike onto one yellow square. One of the cars disapeared but the bike and other car stayed. I have had the yellow Porsche looking car you get from the Brucie Race in front of my apartment for days.

I jammed two cars and a bike onto one yellow square. One of the cars disapeared but the bike and other car stayed. I have had the yellow Porsche looking car you get from the Brucie Race in front of my apartment for days.

Everytime I take a cab back to my safehouse they crash into my parked car...last time they moved it out of the square I guess as it's no longer there... :(

FYI Online is amazing cakes. Cops and robbers or whatever...large lollerskates.

You can keep two cars in each of your parking spaces. I always make sure that every wheel is inside the yellow lines (and not on the curb!) and have never had a problem with them disappearing. If you park a damaged car in the spot and leave it there for a day (or travel to a different island) it will also be fixed when you come back. I miss the garage a little, but the on-street parking is a lot more realistic for the "New York" locations.

Haven't tried the online yet because I'm so hooked into the story, but I might try to hit it up this weekend.

Saris - that one is hard, but keep in mind you don't have to make EVERY turn that he does. You can follow along an adjacent block or cut through an alleyway to either get in front of him or at least get closer to get a good shot. Doesn't take much to knock him off the bike if you can line it up. If you ignore the woman and hop on the bike immediately after the cutscene, then you shouldn't have too much trouble keeping him close enough. If you ride your bike conservatively to avoid collisions and cut through adjacent alleys or streets, you should be able to catch up with him eventually.

I beat it today on my second attempt by luck. I fell off and got back on, only to see him coming down the road towards me. I wasn't even sure if he was invincible or not because I'd unloaded whole clips before and he didn't fall off. But I tried it again and he went down from the first bullet. Haven't been any missions like that since. Feels like the story's getting dragged on a bit at this point, though.

Man I'm pretty sure that the cover during firefights is the biggest reason I love this version of the game. I can get lost for hours by just going into a hole (or better yet, the hospital) and having a HUGE firefight with the cops...it's just soooooo much fun to do.

I am currently on the 2nd island after just having the 1st big "OH SNAP!" part of the storyline revealed. Really loving the game.

I beat it today on my second attempt by luck. I fell off and got back on, only to see him coming down the road towards me. I wasn't even sure if he was invincible or not because I'd unloaded whole clips before and he didn't fall off. But I tried it again and he went down from the first bullet. Haven't been any missions like that since. Feels like the story's getting dragged on a bit at this point, though.

If you thought that single biker mission was hard, just wait...that was a walk in the park.

I pretty much avoid motorcycles like the plague unless I absolutely have to use them for a mission. I do great with most all of the cars now (and you can't touch my heli-skillz) but the motorcycles are awkward and difficult to handle. Especially when traffic goes nuts - avoid star junction at all costs when on a bike!

One thing I've found on the motorcycle chase missions (I've had about three of them now) is that if you just concentrate on following them and avoiding traffic instead of trying to drop them with gunfire immediately, you will eventually get a good opportunity to get them where they'll either hop off the bike and try to make a run for it or be slowed enough by other cars that you can pick them off easily. A couple of shots to the back will knock them off the bike, then you just need to get off yours and finish them off.

If you thought that single biker mission was hard, just wait...that was a walk in the park.

Actually, after that, things went well enough. I had some trouble on the last mission because of the wonky camera when getting on the bike near the end (and twice he went for the ladder instead of the bike, even when standing right next to it) causing the guy to get away many times (this is the 'revenge' ending btw). I didn't save before the deciding choice that determines the ending, but there's no way I'm playing through it again. The gameplay is so repetitive and frustrating, I can't be bothered. After finishing the game, I think I'd lower my score to 8.0.