Computer ordered!

TheGeek

Good bang for the buck theGeek, your gonna be happy with it. Gonna overclock the E8400 right? I like the new intel E7200 Wolfdale, only 3mb cache but more importantly will clock about as high as it's bigger brothers but only cost $135.

Good bang for the buck theGeek, your gonna be happy with it. Gonna overclock the E8400 right? I like the new intel E7200 Wolfdale, only 3mb cache but more importantly will clock about as high as it's bigger brothers but only cost $135.

but when the big brother is 189... the the 6mb cache is worth the difference for games. intel cpus are too cheap now. not much difference between low and high end dual cores.

intel cpus are too cheap now. not much difference between low and high end dual cores.

is there such a thing as "too cheap"? I have no problem spending under $200 for a kick-butt cpu.

I'm using an old case until I can get this at a reduced price. And I'll be running XP 32 bit.

I'll be adding 2 - 15gb rapter raid drives, that case, another 2 gigs of ram, and vista in the next year or two.

but when the big brother is 189... the the 6mb cache is worth the difference for games. intel cpus are too cheap now. not much difference between low and high end dual cores.

So what is it? Worth the extra cache or not much difference between low and high end cpus?

I'm still waiting to see what cache means in gaming, my 1mb seems to be keeping up with the 4mb guys around here....I think your better off throwing that extra $65 into your video card or a mobo that supports SLI.

The combo Geek got is great for the non-overclocker.