humor

The following is an excerpt from a technet email I got from MS about why people should switch to vista. The final reason made me crap my pants laughing, I mean what the heck kind of idiot believes something that freaking dumb?

•

Windows Vista now supports more than 77,000 printers, cameras, speakers and other devices.

•

More than 2,700 software programs are “Certified for†or “Works with†Windows Vista-logoed; 97 of the top 100 consumer applications are compatible.

•

62% of small businesses said Windows Vista saves them time, and 70% said it makes them more productive, according to an independent survey.

•

More than 140 million copies of Windows Vista have been sold, making it the fastest selling operating system in Microsoft history. Even Macs run it.

•

71 percent of Windows Vista customers like it better than their last operating system.

•

People familiar with Windows Vista are two to three times more likely to have a favorable impression of it.

•

Every 10 PCs that switch to Windows Vista is the equivalent of taking an automobile off the road, in terms of greenhouse gases.

The final reason made me crap my pants laughing, I mean what the heck kind of idiot believes something that freaking dumb?

Every 10 PCs that switch to Windows Vista is the equivalent of taking an automobile off the road, in terms of greenhouse gases.

That statement may be true if your an idiot and never turn your equipment off or use any suspend features in XP while it's not in use during extended periods.

Is Vista's sleep mode that much more efficient then XP's? When my comp with XP goes into suspend mode it totally dies. When it's idle my Intel lowers it's clock rate. When I go to bed I just shut it all down.

I restart mine once per week. Other than that, 24/7. HDD never off, no sleep, I just kill the monitors.

Its MY electricity, I pay for it, now Back Off! :)

Cue: SJ with some goofy "green" joke....

Didn't you know? Macs actually GENERATE energy and help filter and remove harmful greenhouse gases within their immediate vicinity. Apparently God wants you to buy a Mac ;)

I heard Steve Jobs was being nominated for the Nobel Prize for "Best Use of a Mock-Turtleneck".