Viewsonic va1912wb

MrDuke

Stock system:

Intel quad 6600 2.4

3 gig ram

Nvid GF 8400 GS

Vista home premium

All drivers were updated and I opened the case to remove any dust.

Things were spiffy until last month when the horizontal flickering started. I tried changing the resolution and the refresh rate. Currently I'm at 1440x900 at 60 Hertz.

If I blast the contrast & brightness, I can almost eliminate the flicker. Conversely, if I lower them the flicker is horrible.

Suggestions?

Danke.

sounds like new monitor time. i wouldn't even bother swapping vid cards. if you don't have an old monitor sitting around to test with then just plug it in to a tv. as long as you're using the same port as to the monitor the problem should either still exist or not.

First step is to try and remember what you might have done (i.e., installed, setting changed, etc) before the problem started to occur. No reason to initially think it's a HW issue. Even with an old vid card, if it was running fine before, there's no reason to think it's a hw default if it's more likely a sw conflict issue.

Here's what's weird.

This is the 4th, FOURTH, monitor that's gone bad in 6 years. I'll try swapping around monitors and cards to narrow this down, as well as putting in a meter to check for spikes (even though I'm on a surge protector).

I just verified its not the gcard. Soooo... I'm re-updating drivers but getting the run around from Viewsonic.

Sorry, the driver you are looking for doesn't exist. Please click here to search again.

Cute...

I just verified its not the gcard. Soooo... I'm re-updating drivers but getting the run around from Viewsonic.

Sorry, the driver you are looking for doesn't exist. Please click here to search again.

Cute...

umm, you shouldn't need a monitor driver.

I know, but I'm grasping at straws at this point.

I'm shopping newegg now...Thanks for all the input all!

I know, but I'm grasping at straws at this point. I'm shopping newegg now...Thanks for all the input all!

have you tried plugging it into a dfferent electrical socket, or just plugging it striaght into the wall and not the surge protector?

I had something like this with my computer a while back, the monitor would flicker and the computer wouldn't boot up all the way, it kept getting stuck at a certain spot. I switched outlets and surge protectors and that fixed it right up.