Looking for LCD suggestions

Ice_Berge_00

I have my old Sony 17in LCD from 5 years ago that I've finally worked up to replacing and would like some suggestions. I'm leaning towards a 22 inch widescreen since I don't want to go to anything smaller.

I've always thought that Viewsonic's were usually very good but before I buy anything I would like to get some feedback since a lot of people here use LCD's. I've also noticed in the past few years a few other bbrands I no nothing about like Hanns G and Westinghouse and am wondering if those are any good.

I do want DVI since my current computer supports it, and my next one I build will of course. So any suggestions?

Maybe a 24 inch if the price difference isn't too much and it still fits on my desk :)

From what I've heard, Viewsonic is not what it once was. Samsung is a great LCD. NOFX has had great success with his Hans-G 28". Preacher has tried some of the lesser known brands with decent success so he should post some stuff up in here soon.

(edited)

Chi-Mei hands down has the nicest looking 22" for the money. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16824252008

I have had an acer and a viewsonic, bought 3 samsungs for others and have spent a little time on an LG and the ChiMei has the cleanest looking picture with the best response times in real world action. Also if you look into it you will find out there are actually only 3 or 4 makers of LCD screens and ChiMei is the highest rated overall. My brother now has my old ChiMei as I graduated up to a 32" and Playaa's friend bought my old chimei 19" over a year ago.

Edited by Preacher

You can now pick up 42" 1080p LCD's for about 700-750. If they were that price when I purchased my 28" Hanns-G, I would have definitely got one of those instead.

everyone here knows what i think of brands like hanns-g and westinghouse. they're great generic brands but if you've ever used anything better you'll never be able to go back. if you want the best experience look at the big names like dell or samsung.

xbit, does lots of monitor round ups in the various sizes. here is the most recent 22" round up.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/other/display/22inch-2.html

you can browse the other recent reviews by clicking other in the sections menu.

I have a 20" Sceptre LCD screen. The only compliant I have about it is that you can't adjust the angle at which it sits at. Otherwise price wise I know Screptre are on the cheap side compared to your well know named brands..

The Chi Mei I had was a much nicer monitor than the Samsung I bought for my sister, brighter, crisper picture, better controls etc. I rave about the Chi Mei due to it being one of the cheapest of the 22" and also because I have seen it in action and it's as good or better than all the top brands unless you want the HDMI input.