Help I bought an iPhone!

anonymo

Yeah. With the fascist policies of Apple with the iPhone App store and their need to control everything, even the ability to remotely remove applications that they do not want on my iPhone, I will not be getting the 3g and will most likely get something else when my 2 years is up. Ubuntu for smart phones is coming along nicely as is Android.

Yeah. With the fascist policies of Apple with the iPhone App store and their need to control everything, even the ability to remotely remove applications that they do not want on my iPhone, I will not be getting the 3g and will most likely get something else when my 2 years is up. Ubuntu for smart phones is coming along nicely as is Android.

a) android is going nowhere fast. google is on the verge of dropping it together. believe me or don't.

B) i already explained a response to the "fascist policies" of apple. user experience preservation for users not as technically advanced as you. if you want to get around that, jailbreak it. if they fully wanted to lock it down, don't you think the firmware updates would have bricked them by now? (the answer is yes.)

c) the linux mobile alliance already exists on current phones. if you want a linux like interface on your phone, go buy one. nobody forced your hand on the iphone purchase.

in the meantime, consider reselling your iphone edge on ebay. you'd be surprised what people are willing to pay for them.

:peace:

a) android is going nowhere fast. google is on the verge of dropping it together. believe me or don't.

B) i already explained a response to the "fascist policies" of apple. user experience preservation for users not as technically advanced as you. if you want to get around that, jailbreak it. if they fully wanted to lock it down, don't you think the firmware updates would have bricked them by now? (the answer is yes.)

c) the linux mobile alliance already exists on current phones. if you want a linux like interface on your phone, go buy one. nobody forced your hand on the iphone purchase.

in the meantime, consider reselling your iphone edge on ebay. you'd be surprised what people are willing to pay for them.

:peace:

Why so serious? I luvz the ifonez! I just find their claims and what they actually allow and do are two different things. Remote killing of applications on people's phones, even ones that people paid for? That's just insane. Apple are bigger control freaks than Microsoft. Just because I am not happy with the way Apple is handling things doesn't mean I do not love the phone. They need to fix some stuff and soon. The application update on the phone is broken. It asks you to update, you try to do so on the phone and it fails saying use itunes. You use itunes and it gives errors. To fix the problem you have to completely remove the app from itunes and from your phone, restart your phone and then reinstall the apps from scratch and you have to completely reconfigure the apps.

Again, I loves the iphonez but hates the fascismz!

teh internets is ceerius bisnes.

i don't see the remote killing of applications, and haven't run into the update issue you're describing. i also don't see the claims vs. reality thing you're mentioning, unless you're talking about the "3g: advertised v. actual" video that hit digg yesterday -- which an informed reader discredited by saying the user was in a 3g dead zone (i know that part of san francisco, he's right).

serious stutters out.

In all honesty, Apple themselves have said (in internal memos) that the iphone 3G and MobileMe are below expected quality.

Oops...Apple messed up. They admit it. Their mistake is still a better overall product than nearly every other piece of technology I've ever owned (the only one I'd put above it would be my Macbook Pro)

As for Apple remote removing applications. Nothing doing. The "blacklist" that you are talking about is very specifically put in place to keep unwanted applications from accessing the "Current Location" feature. Apple has said that they could use the blacklist to keep an app from working but has said they only ever intend to use it in extreme circumstances (i.e. an app has a virus) and have also said it would be irresponsible of them NOT to have this switch in place (to which I fully agree).

Also, Macs crash. They just do it prettier than Windows pcs.

:)

"Pretty" is but in the eye of the beholder! I've always found the color of the BSOD to be pleasing to the eye, if not to the brain/nerves. :D

Actually, come to think of it, does Vista even have the BSOD for a crash? I've never had it crash on me since I've been using it, so I have no idea.

A side note: I #1 biggest reason why I will not own an iPhone is because they are exclusive to AT&T, whose cellular service I refuse to use. If Sprint or Verizon offered it, I would take a look and consider it. I'm curious as to it's capability to do much of the things I do with my current smartphone.

And what the heck, while we're on the topic:

iMac.jpg