Fallout 3

anonymo

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I could say this was surprising...

I would pay a $20 premium over retail price to have this game this coming week instead of waiting until the 28th. I'm going to have a full bachelor weekend for the 17-19th for the first time in a looooong time and I would love to be able to put 40 hours into Fallout 3 during that time.

I think I'll be renting Dead Space next week and spend the weekend playing that and Zombie Panic.

• 2 weeks later...

Only a few more days left! I'm taking Tuesday afternoon off so I can grab lunch, pick up my copy, and get lost in DC for the afternoon. :luxhello:

Are there many GC people looking to get this besides those who have already posted here? Anyone else getting it for xbox?

Only a few more days left! I'm taking Tuesday afternoon off so I can grab lunch, pick up my copy, and get lost in DC for the afternoon. :luxhello:

Are there many GC people looking to get this besides those who have already posted here? Anyone else getting it for xbox?

Oh this is definitely a couch game...still wondering what DC means :unsure:

Think I'm gonna run to Best Buy and pre-order tonight. Seems BB has a free Nuka Cola bottle opener with the pre-order. I'll be playing on the PC, wondering if I should get the collectors...

I got my Nuka Cola opener :) My wife was all "where the hell did you get that?"

Think I'm gonna run to Best Buy and pre-order tonight. Seems BB has a free Nuka Cola bottle opener with the pre-order. I'll be playing on the PC, wondering if I should get the collectors...

I got my Nuka Cola opener :) My wife was all "where the hell did you get that?"

I tried my new Nuka Cola bottle opener and I have to say it's the best one opener I own now. I went and ordered the Collector's Edition. I haven't pre-ordered a game since Diablo 2, yes it was the collector's edition. Oh man it's really been 8 years?

An interesting ebay auction I watched go off.

Ooops I just noticed this is in the Console forums... :blink:

Edited by bushwack

That's because the cool kids are going to be playing this from their couches :D

Hey Mo, you could either take a sick day tomorrow or just cut out some sleep this week. Problem solved!

Hey Mo, you could either take a sick day tomorrow or just cut out some sleep this week. Problem solved!

Can't do either, not allowed sick days (well, technically I have them, but I'm responsible for too much that would come grinding to a halt if I wasn't there) and I need my sleep.

I'm hoping it's in Best Buy today so I can has it early.

Can't do either, not allowed sick days (well, technically I have them, but I'm responsible for too much that would come grinding to a halt if I wasn't there) and I need my sleep.

If they do have it in and sell it to you early, then I might need to start giving consideration to moving to Canada.

If they do have it in and sell it to you early, then I might need to start giving consideration to moving to Canada.

Supposedly many Best Buy's and Walmarts in the US have had Fallout3 on shelves all weekend, no luck for me though (just checked) :(

Supposedly many Best Buy's and Walmarts in the US have had Fallout3 on shelves all weekend, no luck for me though (just checked) :(

I just check and they said they would have my copy waiting for me tomorrow. :luxhello:

I officially have tomorrow afternoon off! Picking my copy up at noon then playing it for the next 5+ hours :D

Mo, I can e-mail you updates throughout my experiences if that would help you get through the rest of your work day tomorrow ;)

I officially have tomorrow afternoon off! Picking my copy up at noon then playing it for the next 5+ hours :D

Mo, I can e-mail you updates throughout my experiences if that would help you get through the rest of your work day tomorrow ;)

Twitter time! :D

I'm telepathically RROD'ing your 360 as we speak

I'm telepathically RROD'ing your 360 as we speak

Don't even joke about that!! <_<

FYI for anyone wondering about melee-focused gameplay -

I ran across a blog entry from a Bethesda developer who details several different characters he used to play through the game. Surprisingly, a few of them were melee-exclusive. He does mention that it is more difficult to play this way since most enemies have guns and you will be spending most of your caps on stimpacks, but it seems possible to not ever fire a gun if you so choose. He also claims to have played a character that never killed anyone, ever. Apparently it may be possible to play through the game only talking your way through things or running away.