Fallout 3

anonymo

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only just found the radio station but have played for hours and I honestly don't feel like I've explored more than 20% of locations.

I'm officially in love with this game, my 10mm pistol and my hunting rifle.

Looking forward to finding this elusive lab (maybe I've been blind, but I've been around the radio station about 15 times in an effor to find it, just hoping I do find it at some point and am guessing it's not there) so I can get the power armor training.

I've only just found the radio station but have played for hours and I honestly don't feel like I've explored more than 20% of locations.

I'm officially in love with this game, my 10mm pistol and my hunting rifle.

Looking forward to finding this elusive lab (maybe I've been blind, but I've been around the radio station about 15 times in an effor to find it, just hoping I do find it at some point and am guessing it's not there) so I can get the power armor training.

FYI, you can't get power armor training until you progress further in the story. I thought that it was somewhere in the radio building, but it's not. The Lyons they mention isn't the one you think. There is a location you'll run into later in the story mode where you will meet the people that will give you the training. I just stocked up on the power armor I found early, repaired it, then stored it in my house until I got the training. Then I had a sort-of-new set of armor to work with :)

I stopped using the 10mm pistol a while ago, but I still use the hunting rifle as my primary when I'm roaming the wasteland. Just recently though I upped my energy weapon skill and started using the laser rifle. With the Commando and Sniper perks, it will crush most obstacles from medium to close range. I also keep my combat shotgun handy for close encounters, and it is absolutely brutal.

I still feel like there is TONS of exploring left to do as well, and I'm looking forward to it :)

Alright you guys, I'm just lurking... I've never been one to post too much.... Anyway I am playing this game off and on also, I enjoy it so far, but Counterstrike is more enjoyable at the moment... I've only gotten to the part where you have to find the radio station, so I'm not too far in. I'm not playing it on a silly console though, PC all the way! Thanks for the shout out anonymo, maybe you should come play some Counterstrike, you too boiler! Although I just pre-ordered Left 4 Dead so I'll be playing that quite a bit soon enough.

What is this radio station you guys are talking about? I'm lvl 10 and on the Waters of Life quest and but heard nothing about a radio station in a quest. I did happen to come across the Sierra Vector tower, hmm now that i thought about it I guess I need to listen to it...Seems I'm to far away from the signal to pick it up right now.

The Radio station is part of the main quest of finding your dad. It's Three-Dogs radio station. I think it's somewhere in the DC ruins to the South-East.

I don't get it, I already found my dad...guess there's a couple ways to go about it. Never have made it to DC, but one time i did see it in the backdrop about 5 miles away.

Here's a funny pic of a bear I shot. When he died slid down this tree and had a seat. I tried to put my Shady hat on his head but it wouldn't stay. :( Wish you could record an instant replay, I had some great vat action i would have loved to keep.

fallout3bear.jpg

Just beat the game, little over 37 hours of play.

Lots of quests I never completed and many map markers I never went to.

Man I never sold any of my collected fingers, I'm gonna have to reload and check that out.

Think I'm going to replay from scratch and try a different playstyle.

Here's my lvl 18 ranger.

F3bushwack.jpg

I've intentionally been putting off the last story line mission to explore and such. I'm at level 20 now with my Energy and Big weapons maxed and am essentially death incarnate. Those pesky Talon Mercs crumble under the might of my plasma rifle :D

I've put in around 55 hours so far. I think I'm gonna get a pre-end-game save then go finish the story tonight. I'm picking up Gears 2 tonight and need to be able to put Fallout away for a couple of weeks at least :biglaugha:

I'm still going to go back and play a supremely evil character though, good times!

I honestly have to say this may be one of the top 5 best games I have ever played. From both a fun and replay value factor.

Honestly, just create a new character (evil) and ignore the story line completely. You'll find you end up doing the story, but not in the way intended.

This is the beauty of the game and I wish they gave you the option to turn quests off. You can just wander randomly through the entire game and still complete the main story, sometimes without even realizing it (beyond the fact you've already played the story line so you know you're doing it).

I'm already contemplating a third and fourth build and different ways of playing.

Why waste the money on Gears?