Fallout 3

anonymo

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, I played for 6 hours straight yesterday and feel like I haven't even begun to scratch the surface. All I've really done is saved Megaton, explored Super Duper Mart, and had my face chewed off by three rad scorpions in a shady run down factory.

FYI, I threw 2 grenades (VATS) at a radscorpion and the sucker didn't die. I officially hate them.

WANT MOAR FALLOUT NAO!!!

Yeah, I kept getting torched by those darn flame ants trying to find some kid's father...didn't find megaton until my last hour of play last night and I wasn't really feeling like tinkering with a nuke when I got there.

One thing I did notice, my achievements weren't saving...I was comparing my scores with voodoo's and it said I have 0 achievements :( which should be unpossible!!

Yeah, I kept getting torched by those darn flame ants trying to find some kid's father...didn't find megaton until my last hour of play last night and I wasn't really feeling like tinkering with a nuke when I got there.

One thing I did notice, my achievements weren't saving...I was comparing my scores with voodoo's and it said I have 0 achievements :( which should be unpossible!!

Your achievements are saving. I can compare them to mine just fine (just checked them btw).

I HATE those fire ants. When I found the kid whining about his dad, I thought it would just be a bunch of the worker-type ants I had already been killing near Springdale, so it didn't seem so tough. My 10mm pistol and wimpy assault rifle couldn't even put a dent in one of those bastards and I couldn't run away from the flames fast enough. I'm gonna have to stack up on some bigger guns to tackle that one. I also cleared out some of the elementary school, but there was more to it that I wasn't skilled enough to tackle yet.

Your achievements are saving. I can compare them to mine just fine (just checked them btw).

I HATE those fire ants. When I found the kid whining about his dad, I thought it would just be a bunch of the worker-type ants I had already been killing near Springdale, so it didn't seem so tough. My 10mm pistol and wimpy assault rifle couldn't even put a dent in one of those bastards and I couldn't run away from the flames fast enough. I'm gonna have to stack up on some bigger guns to tackle that one. I also cleared out some of the elementary school, but there was more to it that I wasn't skilled enough to tackle yet.

If you stand just out of their range you can get a pretty decent percentage on a head shot, usually it takes 1-3 hits to kill the workers and 3-6 to kill the soldiers and warriors, just keep an eye on your radar as there's nothing worse than hearing that scratchy sound and suddenly finding yourself on fire.

I'll try the ants again tonight maybe. I might try to fix my POS laser pistol to functionality for it.

One thing I wanted to try (but was unable to do so) was to accept the task of blowing up Megaton AND the task of disarming it, then backstabbing Burke after disarming the bomb. I tried to get into Tenpenny Tower after disarming the bomb to get invited up to the top then cap Burke and Tenpenny, but alas they seemed to know that I didn't actually rig the bomb :(

Now I'm looking for a way to infiltrate and cleanse the whole tower :spin2:

i cant for the life of me find the radio station.. like ive walked all around it been down in the subway etc. and i cant find a way to it.

You need to use the subway entrance along the river to get to an inner part of the city (Chevy Chase I believe) where you will find some of the Brotherhood and the GNR radio station. Just keep an eye on your direction finder thingy and it will point you to the correct subway and guide you from there.

(edited)

DADDY!

lol, not much of a spoiler there :biglaugha:

Just you wait! It's funny, I posted that then I played some more and its meaning changed...

I'll have to play more of the main story line then. I haven't done any of it since I set the transmitter up in the Washington Monument.

Needlessly blacked-out convos ftw.

FYI, for those who didn't know already, the US annexes Canada in the future before the bombs drop. Maybe you should all prepare for this inevitability now and brush up on your French-Canadian so we can welcome our new citizens.

Edited by boiler

When you get to level 20 there is a perk to show every location on your World Map. To the north there is a missile base and you get launch codes, there's also satellites you can align with codes you get. I wonder if it's possible to somehow launch a nuke or do something catastrophic.

FYI, the max level is 20 and when you finish the game it automatically makes a save before the end, letting you do anything you haven't finished. I was using quick saves so I was worried I screwed myself over because where I quick saved it was too late to leave the area and not finish the game. Luckily I went back and saw the save it creates. It puts it in the highest numbered slot. I also noticed it makes an automatic save right before you leave the Vault, which is nice for replaying and quickly starting without doing the intro parts.

Edited by VooDooPC

im like lvl 14 or something. this is the best game ive played in quiet a while hands down. keep looking up and its 1 am and i have to work in the morning rofl.

Wow I'm lvl 8 and I been playing the crap out of it, you guys seem way ahead of me. Agreed this is one of the best games I've ever played.

It began with China invading Alaska for the oil in 2066, after what seem like a victory in taking back Alaska USA annexed Canada for their natural resources then I guess after that &@#$ hits the fan and nukes started raining.

when you finish the game it automatically makes a save before the end, letting you do anything you haven't finished.

Only the PC version. 360 version certainly didn't auto-save at the end.

Also, a co-worker was playing an evil character and after plundering most of the settlements he could find, eventually was caught by bounty hunters, who put him on a bus, blew the bus up and auto-saved with him dead, forcing him to start a new character. Sounds a little far fetched to me but would be good lulz if true, anyone experience anything like this?

I've been making full saves frequently as I go, so I haven't run into an auto-save related problem. I got stuck in the environment once, but that's been the only major glitch I've seen.

Man, you guys tore through the game if you've already beaten it! I'm taking my time and exploring in bunches then completing a couple of sections of the main story.

That's too bad about the auto saves. I should have figured the PC and console ones would be different somehow. I am a quick save whore, so I had to get the PC version.

I'm not sure how many hours it took me to go through the first time. I played it every day after it came out and finished it last Saturday. I finished with 75 locations discovered, got to level 20 in the last few fights, and around 500 achievement points.

Edited by VooDooPC

Well I only beat the main quest, which doesn't require you to be over level 14 to complete and can be completed fairly easily.

I'm going to continue playing pre-end game with this same character for a while I think...

Honestly, I love just roaming the wasteland and discovering new locations. Frequently I'll look at my map, find an area that looks like I haven't explored much, then just start walking in that direction. Running across large buildings to rummage through and cleanse of radscorpion infestations is awesome :)

I just got my power armor training yesterday, so I'm looking forward to cranking the minigun and initiating "tank mode" :D