RivaTuner

Tek-Almighty

last I read, the second card follows the first. If the first is OCd, the second one will match it automatically ( thats the danger of putting an OC version in top and a stock in the other). But I also have 0 hands on experience, thats just what I read.

I use the EVGA precision software and it allows me to independently manage core, shaders, and mem clock. I used to have problems with ntune where it would lockup because I could not control the shaders. If you don't have an EVGA 8800GT, I don't know if it will work though. Right now I have mine set at 700Mhz core, 1750Mhz shaders, & 1000Mhz mem clock up from a bone stock setup. I'm also using a Thermalright HR-03 GT cooler so my VGA temps don't go above 45 C and I don't have SLI or rivatuner, but I hope this info helps. :smillie_smilling:

I use the EVGA precision software and it allows me to independently manage core, shaders, and mem clock. I used to have problems with ntune where it would lockup because I could not control the shaders. If you don't have an EVGA 8800GT, I don't know if it will work though. Right now I have mine set at 700Mhz core, 1750Mhz shaders, & 1000Mhz mem clock up from a bone stock setup. I'm also using a Thermalright HR-03 GT cooler so my VGA temps don't go above 45 C and I don't have SLI or rivatuner, but I hope this info helps. :smillie_smilling:

My old 8800gt ran those speeds out of the box. I never did try to OC it though.

Okay, first of all, this thread took a serious detour...killing kittens...Leave it to the Canucks. Not much to do there in the winter anyways, specially for those who don't drink *ahem...Dark.

Where to get this fantastic precision software you speak of?

I have two factory overclocked 8800 GTs...their stock settings are 650 core/1900 memory.

Preacher had the 700 oc out of the box 8800GT? Nice.

Cujo doesn't understand SLI? Well, let me put it like this: Crossfire copied it...now does it make sense? :smiling2: I figured once I put it in AMD/ATI terms you would get it!

BTW Cujo...I will PM you, I want to install that kick-butt XP theme you/your friend came up with...You sent to me, but I forgot how to do. (I'm not a software guy, if you can't tell).

Thanks to all who input (usable info, that is...so NO THANKS BUSH!)

(edited)

Okay, first of all, this thread took a serious detour...killing kittens...Leave it to the Canucks. Not much to do there in the winter anyways, specially for those who don't drink *ahem...Dark.

Where to get this fantastic precision software you speak of?

I have two factory overclocked 8800 GTs...their stock settings are 650 core/1900 memory.

Preacher had the 700 oc out of the box 8800GT? Nice.

Cujo doesn't understand SLI? Well, let me put it like this: Crossfire copied it...now does it make sense? :smiling2: I figured once I put it in AMD/ATI terms you would get it!

BTW Cujo...I will PM you, I want to install that kick-butt XP theme you/your friend came up with...You sent to me, but I forgot how to do. (I'm not a software guy, if you can't tell).

Thanks to all who input (usable info, that is...so NO THANKS BUSH!)

Ok. I just realized that you can upload attachments to a post. LOL Otherwise, you would have to download it from the evga.com website and be a registered member in order to get access to the file. heh

EVGAPrecision.ZIP

Edited by ebits

i don't understand sli?

Jokingly said...thus the smiley.

Maybe I should have said that you don't like/respect/appreciate/care for/use/endorse SLI.

Frankly it is a much better implemented technology (at least in 90% of the past) than crossfire. I was loathe to try it out, but having made the switch, I can fully endorse it for both usability (other than multi-monitor use [which supposedly is being fixed with latest cards/drivers]) and for performance gains. I am very happy with SLI, and to think that my lowly ~$160 cards in SLI can beat a single GTX 280 as well as a single 4870, makes me even happier.

right. it's not specifically sli though. i don't like crossfire much either. except when you're talkin dual gpu cards.

i'd like to see your lowly ~$160 cards in sli beat my ~$320 1gb 4870 at 1920x1200 with 8x aa turned on...

right. it's not specifically sli though. i don't like crossfire much either. except when you're talkin dual gpu cards.

i'd like to see your lowly ~$160 cards in sli beat my ~$320 1gb 4870 at 1920x1200 with 8x aa turned on...

Yeah that's the problem I'm seeing with sli. It doesn't seem worth it unless you have current gen cards. Still back when Tek bought his 2nd card the ATI 4800's were not out (they might have been but at $500) and 8800GT cards were not much over $100 in a few places.

To push a 24 incher Tek might just sell his 8800's (wife permitting) and get a high end single banger. I've been playing Fallout 3 with my 8800GT at 1280x960 with 60+ fps. While it looks great on my new CRT at that res, 1600x1200 would be sweeter but I drop to 30-40fps. 1280x960 with AA looks lots better then my lcd at 1680x1050 but it runs in the 40's and is just not smooth enuff for me.

Thinking I may grab a top tier video card this Christmas.

Ummm Post up in the benches thread baby!

You already know my 3Dmark06 score (free version doesn't allow the madness that is 1920 x 1200!).

But, there is a bench we can run at whatever rez and whatever AA/AF settings...that is Crysis.

From what I've seen on sites, I would put my dual core, SLI 8800GT up against your 4870 in quite a few games and give you a run for your money...in others, I'm sure you'd give me a run. I've already acquiesced to the fact that the 4870 does a better job at higher res with the AA on than do the 8xxx or the GTX2xx.

But, if you wanna race, lets race.

I will post up my 1920 x 1200 8xAA score in crysis with all set on Medium in the benches thread if you wanna do some apples to apples comparisons.

Mmmm, I like apples. But you need to have the same rest of the system for that sort of thing, no?

errrr...uhhhh...me no understand your fancy speak. buhhhhh

Yeah, pretty much, but we can do some fiddling and approximation.

I don't know what his current specs are, but I will post up nonetheless.