Hanns-G or HannsSpree...

[LaW]Maverick

I'm thinking about buying this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16889237013

I want an inexpensive TV for our bedroom that I can hang up on the wall. I know some of you have Hanns-G or Spree--or whatever they're calling themselves now--monitors, and I was wondering how they hold up. Good picture?

I'm interested in this model because it's only $500, and it apparently has killer sound, which is important to me because I will not be setting up external speakers in my bedroom.

Thoughts gentlemen? (Keep in mind, I want to buy CHEAP, but I still want decent quality...if I don't end up with this, I'll probably buy a Sharp/Samsung/Vizio/LG on Black Friday...but I know that most flat-panels have craptastic sound--though my Sharp actually sounds pretty good)

Edit: Quick note: it needs an HDTV tuner inside so I don't have to stick a box on this guy. I want to keep the space this will take up to a minimum.

Edited by [LaW]Maverick

I appreciate the heads up....unfortunately I do not shop at Wal*Mart for reasons I won't pollute the thread with. :) Suffice to say there are a lot of them.

In any case, and I know this'll sound weird, but 50" would be too large for our bedroom. I don't want the TV to become the most important thing in the room--if you catch my drift...

So what happened to all you Hanns-G advocates out there? I thin Playaa has a Hanns-G monitor...? No luck with them? Do they last?

In any case, and I know this'll sound weird, but 50" would be too large for our bedroom. I don't want the TV to become the most important thing in the room--if you catch my drift...

ROFL - You should count your blessings if you start feeling inferior with a 50"

I had mine for like...2 years I think? I stopped using the desktop and sold it to someone in this community. I don't even remember who it was actually...nor do I remember if I sold them the monitor or not.

Either way, it was cheap and looked good (not spectacular, but good) and did what I needed it to do for 2 years.

Was a 19" for $179 (when every other 19" was easily $250 or more).

Just because a company makes a decent monitor, that doesn't mean they'll make a decent TV (and vice versa).

Agreed, but it WOULD mean that they at least make a decent LCD panel. :) That doesn't say anything for the signal analyzers, decoders, etc., however. I'm holding off until Black Friday to see what deals may come.

I love my 28" Hannspree. It has great color and contrast compared to my dells at work. they may be a few years old though, but not really old..

I would only get rid of it to get a 32" or larger to use as a comp monitor.