cheap windows laptop for school

stutters

get a macbook pro.

honestly, the one you linked is pretty darn good for the price. I'm not an AMD fan, but for what you said she'll be needing it for it would fit the bill for a few years.

Edited by boiler

If you can convince her to spend an extra $100, I'd go with this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16834115545

Otherwise, definitely the one you already have picked. The AMD X2 is WAAAAY better than the Celeron M, or Pentium M chip. I mean....WAAAAY better. The only mobile chip you should even remotely consider from intel is the Core 2 Duo or above. I have an AMD Turion 64 (not dual core) in my laptop (bought it just before Core2Duo came out) and it blew away the Intel M chips--not even close.

Similarly, the Core2Duo is much more powerful than the Turion X2...but for $400, that's a killer deal on Tiger Direct (I got that special in my E-mail today) :) I'd go with that.

no, she wants to be able to watch some of the movies we made together. she needs a screen bigger than a netbook to see everything.

she better get a laptop with a high resolution display if she wants to be able to see "your part" in the movie..

my friend is looking for a cheap windows laptop, something to just get through a year or two of email, office, and heavy facebooking. she'd prefer xp, and can't go much beyond the $500 range.

we're looking at this:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...p;sku=H24-15033

and she looks like this:

n1039672944_243077_6418.jpg

so help her, not me. but post here. thanks!

Is that my wife in that picture?