anonymo

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

what is that glitch?

The gist of it is playing split screen coop, having Chris give Sheva the egg you want to dupe, save on both, go back in the level and give the egg back to Chris, save on Chris only and when you go back in the game, both players will have eggs.

I played on hard mode, which, now that I know how easy unlimited ammo is to unlock, was a mistake. I died alot, mostly when I was still getting used to the controls, and again when fighting the elevator boss. The bot would drive me nuts sometimes, especially when fighting the two chainsaw guys in the oil rig - If you go down the zip line ahead of her, she'll just stand there and get decapitated until the zip line comes back. It was infuriating and I only got by it by getting a real person to play her for a bit. Also, whenever I ran away from something and did a spin and readied my gun, her head would ALWAYS be right in the way. She'd take 1-2 seconds to move, but when a reaper's coming at me in it's one-hit kill stance and I can't shoot through her, it had me yelling "MOVE!" at my screen a couple of times.

Oh yeah, and the part where you have to move the crate and fight off a billion lickers is horrible too because she just stands in the room waiting for you to throw the switch. On hard mode, the impaling tongue is almost a one-hit kill.

I like the co-op idea, but people who had to play by themselves, like me, were probably needlessly frustrated. Not to mention that the survival horror is even less prevalent in this one than in 4, though that's a matter of taste, I guess. At least in 4, Saddler's 'right hand' was scary. Then, of course, there's the ending.

The game was awesome up until about when Jill is revealed. After that, the already cheesy dialogue gets even worse, all the work Wesker did in the previous REs gets shoved aside for Uroburos and the seemingly invincible main antagonist of the series turns out to be a pathetic wuss. Even on hard, he couldn't touch me - as long as you keep firing, he doesn't even come at you, you just stunlock him forever. When Chris said the line about 'comic book villains' I was just shaking my head at that point, because that's what I felt the story degraded into. Not to mention, the series will obviously keep going, but with only series antagonist dead, there's really no point. And bringing him back a third time would be even stupider.

I know alot of people don't care about the story, but I do (did). Other than that, the game was fun and awesome and definitely purdy, but after beating it once, I've put it away for a year, which is a lot less than I was hoping for from this game.

I played on hard mode, which, now that I know how easy unlimited ammo is to unlock, was a mistake. I died alot, mostly when I was still getting used to the controls, and again when fighting the elevator boss. The bot would drive me nuts sometimes, especially when fighting the two chainsaw guys in the oil rig - If you go down the zip line ahead of her, she'll just stand there and get decapitated until the zip line comes back. It was infuriating and I only got by it by getting a real person to play her for a bit. Also, whenever I ran away from something and did a spin and readied my gun, her head would ALWAYS be right in the way. She'd take 1-2 seconds to move, but when a reaper's coming at me in it's one-hit kill stance and I can't shoot through her, it had me yelling "MOVE!" at my screen a couple of times.

Oh yeah, and the part where you have to move the crate and fight off a billion lickers is horrible too because she just stands in the room waiting for you to throw the switch. On hard mode, the impaling tongue is almost a one-hit kill.

I like the co-op idea, but people who had to play by themselves, like me, were probably needlessly frustrated. Not to mention that the survival horror is even less prevalent in this one than in 4, though that's a matter of taste, I guess. At least in 4, Saddler's 'right hand' was scary. Then, of course, there's the ending.

The game was awesome up until about when Jill is revealed. After that, the already cheesy dialogue gets even worse, all the work Wesker did in the previous REs gets shoved aside for Uroburos and the seemingly invincible main antagonist of the series turns out to be a pathetic wuss. Even on hard, he couldn't touch me - as long as you keep firing, he doesn't even come at you, you just stunlock him forever. When Chris said the line about 'comic book villains' I was just shaking my head at that point, because that's what I felt the story degraded into. Not to mention, the series will obviously keep going, but with only series antagonist dead, there's really no point. And bringing him back a third time would be even stupider.

I know alot of people don't care about the story, but I do (did). Other than that, the game was fun and awesome and definitely purdy, but after beating it once, I've put it away for a year, which is a lot less than I was hoping for from this game.

Heh, for all you know, they could have a stockpile of Weskers somewhere since we know two are dead.

Saris, yeah you need to play with a co-op partner. I know Capcom's main focus on this game was to finish the current RE story arc as well as to usher in a new play style to the RE series, which they did and did fairly well (at least the co-op part).

Capcom has already stated they plan on going back to the roots of the franchise with a new story and characters for RE6. Hopefully they have all this "co-op" stuff out of their system because as much as I like RE5 and the co-op aspect I also yearn for the classic RE single player gameplay like you do. That being said, RE was always more stressful than scary I think, seems like many people confuse the two (or were really young when they played the originals).

Personally, if you want that old RE feeling, play professional mode (though you'll need a living partner). After playing the game through 3 times I have to say, professional is a completely different experience.

That and Mercenaries...best part of the game and so addicting. I played Public Assembly 15 times in a row yesterday with my buddy, so much fun. Nothing is scarier that knowing your partner is nowhere near you and that axe guy just blocked your path... :lol2:

I need to play through on co-op! I beat the game this past weekend and have almost beaten it a second time on Veteran, but I was house sitting with no internets for co-op goodness.

This will be corrected this week.