Anyone grind your own beans?

bushwack

you gringo, it's colombian, not columbian. remember, grind only as much as you're going to use, and some of the roasters i talked to argue that anything ground goes past its prime in 20 minutes. sure...?

oh crap, i just looked at that coffee you linked to. i never, ever, EVER trust any coffee roaster that sells flavored coffee. when you're ready for the big leagues, there's no better place to start than peet's major dickasons blend. om nom nom nom.

(edited)

Guess I should have labeled this post "any poor people grind your own beans" :spin2:

Sure 8 oclock is mainstream, but for the 5 something I paid for the pound it's wonderful stuff. I only grind what I'm gonna be cooking. Thanks for the link btw, but at $13 +shipping I'd rather spend the extra money on better beer then coffee. :prplwacko:

Seems the 8 oclock got a 90 on coffeereview.com so can't be too bad can it? I see Peet's in there with about the same scores.

Edited by bushwack

4 out of 22 posts actually about coffee.....way to keep it on topic.
cleaned :)

Nice.

So, have any of you grinders experimented with the amount of time you can take before brewing and still get that awesome flavor? Here's my issue, I get up too early to mess with it in the morning, so I make mine the night before thanks to the neato timer. I haven't purchased a grinder yet, i'm still doing the can thing during the week, but buy a cup of fresh coffee whenever I am out, and it's like heaven in a cup, so I wanna start getting that at home.

So, have any of you grinders experimented with the amount of time you can take before brewing and still get that awesome flavor?
I've heard only 20 minutes from grind to brew, and that was from one of those hyper caffeinated bean roasters.

I was going to post something but decided to edit so I don't get banned..

Was it the old "I like my women like I like my coffee" joke?

On a lighter note....has anyone ever seen a coffee maker that grinds beans, and has a timer? I think it would kick arse if I could load the thing with beans and water and wake up to a fresh pot.

[ i'm still doing the can thing during the week, but buy a cup of fresh coffee whenever I am out, and it's like heaven in a cup, so I wanna start getting that at home.

That's what I'm getting with this 8oclock coffee, I'm using pretty cheap stuff to get it.

First my grinder is just some cheap Black and Decker SmartGrind gizmo that's kinda small, but it grinds enough for a full pot. Does the trick and easy to get in/out of the cabinet.

Also I'm using a Hamilton Beach coffee maker with a thermal carafe instead of a glass carafe on a burner, last cup tastes like the first cup. Also the first cup is wicked hot.

Powdered creamer is cheap but tastes like it, I prefer using some half and half.

And a bag if 8oclock is $5 or 6, you can get many cups out of 1 bag. I only buy coffee outside the house if I'm eating at a restaurant.