Canon Rebel XT

Bewildered

This is the exact kind of posting that should be sent as a PM

Why? Just because someone from the community wants to sell something doesn't mean we should be witheld info that could save us all money. Sorry to sound rude, but if someone can find a better deal somewhere than something a person is selling here, i promote them posting a linky rather than letting someone lose money here.

I propose that this is a sales forum and sabotaging people's sales with your linky is a jerk thing to do. If you want to do research on prices in the hardware forum, great, but leave it there or use the PM function. If someone is selling something for more than you can get it elsewhere, then go buy it there, send a PM to the seller with the link and the info or just realize that it's not your concern to hurt his or her ability to sell something for the price that they deem fair.

I help people almost every day find good deals on stuff, but it's just a straight-up jerk thing to do if you post something that might sabotage someone's sale here. There are other places to go to find better deals if you don't like what he's selling for.

Sorry for the hijack, it's a pet peave of mine.

She researched prices on Amazon and Craigslist. There were several refurbs in the other buying options for the price she listed it at. Lots of used ones for more than that. She'll adjust the price if it doesn't sell. After looking at reviews of those sites, I probably wouldn't buy from refurbdepot .. satisfaction looks hit or miss. Buy.com I'd be very careful who the seller is. 6Ave electronics looks to be reputable. Fair price depends on where you're selling it. 6ave electronics sells the new one on Amazon for $50 more than they do at buy.com, and to be honest, I'd probably buy from their Amazon store before buy.com.

Anyway, wasn't trying to screw anyone here. The beauty of craigslist is you get to touch/see/try the item before you buy. People are willing to pay a bit more for that. After this thread, I'm not sure why I even listed it here anymore.

I have used buy.com with great success but really, I was expecting there to be a difference in the cameras. I know that different lenses cost hundreds of dollars and what not. I was curious what the difference was since I wasn't seeing it. Just trying to learn a little, not start a fight.

I couldn't disagree more with you preach.

Probably because you've never tried to sell something here and have someone come in and say: "but you could get it cheaper from this wealthy company that can afford to provide lower costs due to massive investments they are able to make thereby beating out some random guy trying to get a small return of money for something worth the price!"

Yeah.