GC CSS Deathmatch

san`

Hey guys,

The new deathmatch server is up and running here: 216.52.148.82:27015

Please hop in and try it out. If you've never played deathmatch before it's pretty easy, pick your guns you want when you first spawn and run around aimlessly and kill! If you select the "Same weapons every time" option, you can always change your mind by simply typing "guns" in the normal chat (default key y).

Please leave feedback here, or feel free to PM me.

Thanks everybody, hope to see you all in there!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GC Alumni
San`,

Whatcha think about doing a Gungame deathmatch server? The current M.O. turns into an awp fest.

PM to discuss.

PM Sent.

in my opinion remove mani, will help it run smoother, we could do an install of BAT seeing how it only needs the basic commands like kick and ban

Sounds good to me. Would you like to volunteer?

imo, having two different admin modules to manage is a bad idea and creates more work for someone (not m2). someone PM me when the server is full so i can look at resource usage.

for those keeping track at home, css.m2 (retro) has a baseline ram usage of 80mb. css.mo (dm) has a baseline usage of 72mb, and 2% cpu with 1 player + 4 bots.

GC Alumni
imo, having two different admin modules to manage is a bad idea and creates more work for someone (not m2). someone PM me when the server is full so i can look at resource usage.

for those keeping track at home, css.m2 (retro) has a baseline ram usage of 80mb. css.mo (dm) has a baseline usage of 72mb, and 2% cpu with 1 player + 4 bots.

I understand your point about different admin modules. I've got nothing against mani, and actually prefer it. But, like m2 said, we don't need a lot of options, just kick/ban.

When you say retro has a baseline ram usage of 80 mb and dm has a baseline of 72 does the 2% cpu apply to retro AND deathmatch, or dm only?

well the reason we went back to mani was for rotating cycles, now after setting it up im under the assumption that rotating cycles are chron based and not mani correct?

i'm under the impression we went back to mani because people didn't like the change. rotating map cycles (chron), warm up, voting, admin menu. people just didn't seem to be willing to move away from mani.

We wouldn't need rotating cycles, warmups, voting, etc. on deathmatch. As long as there are bots for the first ppl and we can kick/ban we'd be fine.

i'm under the impression we went back to mani because people didn't like the change. rotating map cycles (chron), warm up, voting, admin menu. people just didn't seem to be willing to move away from mani.

We wouldn't need rotating cycles, warmups, voting, etc. on deathmatch. As long as there are bots for the first ppl and we can kick/ban we'd be fine.

is there a problem with the current setup, or where is this need for using a different mod coming from?

GC Alumni

is there a problem with the current setup, or where is this need for using a different mod coming from?

/me shrugs