*NSFW* Is this why you guys think soccer is so great?

boiler

Edited the topic title - that's not a picture someone should be opening at work (as I found out too late).

Also fixed the spelling... not sure what "soccor" is. :)

Thanks, I knew it was borderline nsfw, I should have erred on the side of caution.

Still hilarious though.

that's not a picture someone should be opening at work (as I found out too late).

I would love to hear your explanation for what's wrong with it :D

Do I have to send you the sexual harassment in the workplace video again?

nsfw? :lol2:

Wait til you work at a conservative office (or find out how conservative your coworkers are). Until then, keep on looking at pictures of guys in fellatio poses or the latest Victoria's Secret catalog, nub.

Wait til you work at a conservative office (or find out how conservative your coworkers are). Until then, keep on looking at pictures of guys in fellatio poses or the latest Victoria's Secret catalog, nub.

i just showed this to the seminarians. they lol'd. at you. for calling this nsfw.

for your IT:

http://kidrocket.org/

that's not a picture someone should be opening at work (as I found out too late).

Do you work at a convent or something? sheesh...

I think it's time you started taking offense to their possibly misconstrued social rituals. It's fun, and (staunch) conservatives get really angry when you prove how silly their ideas are.

This is a picture of two soccer players, if they get offended are they really that conservative or just pretending to be?

Ok, I guess you would have to be pretty bored (like I am) to get yourself stuck in that argument at work.

I'm bored @ work too, let's turn this into an argument. I think it's funny how naive SJ is, unless he's just yanking my chain. I suspect it's the latter, since pictures with fellatio/homosexual overtones is clearly something you don't want to show your boss in a professional environment.

If anyone is curious, I did check with a friend of mine in the HR dept. She did say that the picture is in a gray area, but if anyone complained, it has to be logged in the employee's permanent file, and some type of corrective action taken - by law. This is for a Fortune 100 company, not some fly-by-night .com business or something.

i'd tell your fortune 50 hr staff to stop making sexual inferences on your innocent picture. i'd even push for a sexual-harassment complaint against them. then again, if i were at a fancy pants job, i'd be doing my job, not censoring innocent forum threads. i'm not, though, just working for some fly-by-night .info business.

I'm bored @ work too, let's turn this into an argument. I think it's funny how naive SJ is, unless he's just yanking my chain. I suspect it's the latter, since pictures with fellatio/homosexual overtones is clearly something you don't want to show your boss in a professional environment.

If anyone is curious, I did check with a friend of mine in the HR dept. She did say that the picture is in a gray area, but if anyone complained, it has to be logged in the employee's permanent file, and some type of corrective action taken - by law. This is for a Fortune 100 company, not some fly-by-night .com business or something.

I meant an argument with the conservatives :erm:

Anyways, wouldn't a complaint have to be validated and as I said earlier, I would love to hear someone's explanation as how this offensive without getting subjective.

Note: I started this before SJ's post and don't think it's fair clients can interrupt my posting. Wah. Also, way to sum it up SJ!

i'd tell your fortune 50 hr staff to stop making sexual inferences on your innocent picture. i'd even push for a sexual-harassment complaint against them. then again, if i were at a fancy pants job, i'd be doing my job, not censoring innocent forum threads. i'm not, though, just working for some fly-by-night .info business.

lulz. I should go check out kama sutra illustrations at work too - they're just innocent cultural/historical pictures, right? Oh wait, euphemisms can be construed as harassment too. Welcome to the real world, where fact exists independently of your opinion. :) And the fact here is that disciplinary action would have to be taken if someone walked by, saw someone looking at that picture, and reported it to HR. But hey, this one guy on the internet disagrees, so I'm sure companies can just ignore the law.

Reality: 1

SJ the Naive: 0

First, you need to explain why sending this to someone with the title "Is this why you guys think soccer is so great?" would have a non-suggestive connotation? You can get all high and mighty and say that the receiver is the one with the dirty mind, but it falls on you originally.

what's your employers view on discrimination? would you get fired if it was two homosexual men embracing? :) now that's a "promise for life," mr 96/100.

btw, i've forwarded this thread onto your employer. do they give you the 20% of your time = free time rule?

You should all shut up.

You're being children.

Go play in the sunlight or something.

actually, unclean is out in the sunlight. he emailed me (not sure why) this from his lunch break. tsk tsk.

Picture_8.png

(btw, he is wearing trunks, just cropped it out. apparently it was pretty cold out.)

ps - stop being so touchy about your precious soccer :D

LOL! I hit a nerve, didn't I? You had to do an IP look up to see where I'm posting from. Since you're looking up stuff already, read up, Sparky:

http://www.eeoc.gov/types/sexual_harassment.html

The victim does not have to be the person harassed but could be anyone affected by the offensive conduct.

That's what we all need... some over-sensitive person to come in and say they're offended by implied fellatio. But we can say SJ disagrees, and that'll make it all go away.

Oh, and here's s'more:

Prevention is the best tool to eliminate sexual harassment in the workplace. Employers are encouraged to take steps necessary to prevent sexual harassment from occurring.

I personally don't find the picture offensive - we agree there. But if you think a picture like that isn't enough to start a Sexual Harassment claim, that's as naive as it gets. Therefore, it's NSFW.

p.s. - the internet can be used for personal business at work, I'm in compliance with our policy. But go ahead, say something to the contrary, it's the internet! You don't have to be right! :)