New Gaming Rig

Sedah

(edited)

okay, first off, I wanna thank everyone here that has helped me prior to the new build and, who has given me some advice/help; appreciate it. =)

so thought I should jus share the final finish work.

here are some pics of it...my cable management is okay, wish I coulda done better but I should fix it sometime soon when i get the aftermarket cooler/another HD and SC.

also; Imma go run some benchmark test stock, and run some test OC'd when I get the aftermarket cooler for it.

04132009.jpg

DSC_0166.jpg

DSC_0167.jpg

DSC_0168.jpg

DSC_0169.jpg

[CPU] Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.66 [MOBO] Evga A1 x58 SLI Classified [GPU] Evga GeForce GTX 260 SCE 896MB 602MHz/192 core [RAM] Corsair XMS3 6GB DDR3 1333 [HD] WD Cav Black 640GB 7200RPM [DRIVE] Pioneer 20x DVD DVR116 [PSU] Corsair CMPSU-750TX 750w [MONITOR] Samsung T220 Rose-Black 22" 2ms GTG Widescreen LCD [MICE] Logitech MX-518 Gaming [KEYBOARD] Saitek Eclipse Red Special Edition [CASE] Antec 900 Two [OS] Windows Vista 64bit Home Prem.

*once again, thanks everyone! =)

Edited by Sedah

Sweet. One Q. Is that mute button on the GTX 260?? I need to build a new system one of these days, I'm so out of the loop.

yea its a mute button but no idea how it works lol. didnt even notice it till u asked the question >.<

Looks good. I'm glad you are satisfied. I read your posts in the benchmark thread and I don't think you have much to worry about as far as your placement on any particular graph.

Couple of things. I would read some threads on overclocking your i7. So far the 920 is giving reliable 1 ghz OCs to a lot of people. I am guessing that a lot of the folks with a similar rig to yours have overclocked that 920 to at least 3.0 ghz. In fact, I think Cujo has his running smooth at 3.8??? IF you do OC that rig, just take it slow.

That will dramatically increase 3Dmark scores.

OH, and your cable management is pretty sweet. It is crucial to airflow, specially in a case like that.

I crack my case once every couple of months and dust it out and change air filters. Also, clean and reapply thermal paste on CPU once every year.

GLHF

Looks good. I'm glad you are satisfied. I read your posts in the benchmark thread and I don't think you have much to worry about as far as your placement on any particular graph.

Couple of things. I would read some threads on overclocking your i7. So far the 920 is giving reliable 1 ghz OCs to a lot of people. I am guessing that a lot of the folks with a similar rig to yours have overclocked that 920 to at least 3.0 ghz. In fact, I think Cujo has his running smooth at 3.8??? IF you do OC that rig, just take it slow.

That will dramatically increase 3Dmark scores.

OH, and your cable management is pretty sweet. It is crucial to airflow, specially in a case like that.

I crack my case once every couple of months and dust it out and change air filters. Also, clean and reapply thermal paste on CPU once every year.

GLHF

thnks, yea IM plannin to OC it sometimes in the nex week or so...jus waiting to get my aftermarket cooler for it and another harddrive & SC then imma open her back up again.

• 3 weeks later...
That EVGA motherboard has a "Dummy OC" setting in the bios that does a simple overclock for you to like 3.4ghz. It's pretty nice for not having to worry about changing the settings yourself.

ORLY? how would I got about doing that?

• 4 weeks later...