Hurry before this is nuked from ESPN

Flitterkill

This is making the rounds now, doubt it will last long.

up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, enter

Yes, the konami code.

Go to espn.com

Use your keyboard, and just type in the code, everything up til enter. Then, upon hitting the enter key, you will get a pony. Or a rainbow.

Keep hitting the enter key.

More ponies.

More rainbows.

Of course, this could just be a bizzaro stealth promotion on ESPN's part - in which case - well done?

-Fk

Something is not right here, ESPN got that down way too fast (it was advertised on TV around 7pm, down before the bit finished) they must have paid their resident nerd a small fortune to load a backup that quickly. Oh wait I think I just figured out the angle...

GC Board Member

I don't have the link but I found this on Kotaku and the guy who's script this is chimed in. Some web monkey at ESPN had loaded it and then twittered that he had to take it down so it looks like an inside gag that got loose in the wild. Author of the script (who does not work at ESPN) also suggested that a few other mainstream sites have this script loaded as well.

To remove that from ESPN's site is trivial btw - prob took all of a minute to load the page in the editor, delete the line pointing to the script, and load it back up on their server so no surprise it came down fast.

-Fk

I don't have the link but I found this on Kotaku and the guy who's script this is chimed in. Some web monkey at ESPN had loaded it and then twittered that he had to take it down so it looks like an inside gag that got loose in the wild. Author of the script (who does not work at ESPN) also suggested that a few other mainstream sites have this script loaded as well.

To remove that from ESPN's site is trivial btw - prob took all of a minute to load the page in the editor, delete the line pointing to the script, and load it back up on their server so no surprise it came down fast.

-Fk

make the change in dev, get it signed off. make the change in qa, get it signed off. push it to production, have it blow up, go back to start. kidding - if this got out there in the first place, uhm, holy quality checks.

there is a cached version out there.

-Fk

make the change in dev, get it signed off. make the change in qa, get it signed off. push it to production, have it blow up, go back to start. kidding - if this got out there in the first place, uhm, holy quality checks.

Sounds like the SAP enviroment I'm currently testing in.. Change Mgt rocks!

• 2 weeks later...

-Fk

Sounds like the SAP enviroment I'm currently testing in.. Change Mgt rocks!

It's the best. :) Actually, quality checks don't catch everything. There's no way the test protocol had a step like "Nothing happens when you enter the konami code [ ] Pass [ ] Fail"

The code review is where this should have been caught. Do a windiff on the the code, review what changed from prod. What's this "load_konami.js" reference here? :ninja: