Lola anyone?

Allanon

Was wondering if anyone else is planning on going to Lola this year so we could meet up and chill while listening to some great music.

For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, Lola or Lollapalooza is a big music festival in Chicago that is held around the first weekend every year of August. It's mostly alternative rock, with some punk rock, rap, and other acts thrown in depending on the year. There are a lot of really awesome bands this year including Tool, The Beastie Boys, Jane's Addiction, Rise Against, etc. and it lasts for three days. So basically it's non stop music, as there are over 100 bands signed up this year.

http://www.lollapalooza.com/

what does perry's mean?

I wanna see Kid Cudi but dont wanna just be there if he is only dj'ing

M2, it's much more of an alternative rock concert, with some other genres there. If you're not really into that stuff then it's probably not gonna be fun for you, otherwise it's a blast!

Speaking of Lola bands. Tool is one of the headliners this year. Maynard from Tool is going to be signing autographs of his new Wine Bottles in Chicago this Friday and Saturday. Yes, a musician turned wine maker.

I'm going to the Friday signing. Unlike the NIN signing last weekend, this one is "free." (You only need to buy a bottle of wine @ about $25).

Speaking of Lola bands. Tool is one of the headliners this year. Maynard from Tool is going to be signing autographs of his new Wine Bottles in Chicago this Friday and Saturday. Yes, a musician turned wine maker.

I'm going to the Friday signing. Unlike the NIN signing last weekend, this one is "free." (You only need to buy a bottle of wine @ about $25).

I just got back from this event. Tomorrow is Chicago's last chance to meet Maynard James Keenan. He's ONLY signing wine bottles by the way. I asked him if he could sign my Tool CD and he said "No, sorry buddy, only wine bottles but thanks for coming out and waiting in line." So, I ended up with 2 signed bottles. Oh well, I'll just need to figure out some way to frame and display them. CD booklets are so much easier to frame.

• 2 weeks later...
Rise against is amazing live, every time.

Yah I saw Rise Against live about 2 years ago. They are very energetic on stage. I also met them that day. Very nice guys. They signed my "The Sufferer & the Witness" CD.

You work in the music industry or how do you get all the hookups for the backstage/meets?

I wish I did. I just read up on what bands are doing meet and greets and I make sure to show up. I've met around 35 or so bands this way. Not to mention I've seen over 200 bands live. I also own a crap load of music equipment including an electric guitar, bass guitar, pa system, effects pedals, and mics. I'm looking to buy a drum set next month and then I'll have a full band setup for jam sessions. I'm just a music junkie.